Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Installing XP11 without needing the DVD

Hi,

I had read that it's always better to install a fresh copy of FSX / XP on a hard drive and back it up on a way that when you mess something up you always can go back to that version. How is this possible? Once installed, would I need the DVD in future?

For xplane 11, Just click and start the installer, It then gives you the option to install a second copy to the location of your choice. ( not sure about the steam version )

In fact am just going thro' the process now.

bob

Edited by onebob

Sounds practical. Let assume I install the second copy on a external drive. My first copy gets corrupt and I requiere to reinstall. Can I reinstall the second copy from my external drive to my internal hard drive?

You just run the installer on the original copy and it will update it. ie restore/repair

bob

edit , this process i'm using is for the downloaded version, if you have a dvd version we need someone to confirm its the same process.

Edited by onebob

You have posted in the W10 os forum, you may be better asking the question in the Xplane Forum. , the mod's may move it for you.

bob