Sign in to follow this  
Car147

FBW A320NX

20 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Am I the only one who has massive microstutters with the FBW A320 as soon as a flightplan is active in the FMS?

It is quite smooth when no flightplan is loaded into the FMS, but whenever a flightplan is loaded there are lots of immersionbreaking microstutters, in particular when taxiing and turning on the ground and often immediately after takeoff and on final approach. These miscrostutters seem to be independent from an otherwise nice overall FPS performance.

I tested all kinds of settings to get rid of the microstutters but to no avail. After a flew flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, which have been totally smooth without any microstutter at all, it seems to me that it must be an issue of the FBW A320.

Does anybody else experience this? Or found a solution to get rid of these microstutters?

Yes, I am having stutters with this as well. Don't know of any fix to it and performance is, for me, way worse than the Aerosoft CRJ. Quite annoying and it seems like it's exacerbating the general performance problems introduced with that last patch as well.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 minutes ago, karlz said:

I heard the printer is functional, anyone know an easy way to test it?

with an active flightplan

Click MDCU Menu --> ATSU --> AOC Menu --> WX Request --> *SEND

Wait a few seconds, return to AOC Menu --> Received Messages --> Click LSK next to the new Metar --> Click LSK for PRINT*

This will print the METAR, click on the paper to put it above throttle levers next to the FMS

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

The FBW A320 costs my system 5-10 fps (on an already bad situation in large airports after the latest patch). Its A/P is not perfect either, so I continue using the default A320.

If you want to stick to it, reduce the cockpit gauges refresh rate to low.

You have a powerful machine, I don't understand you.
I prefer loosing some fps and enjoy the benefit we get flying the FBW version.
Default A320n is an empty shell. You will not learn anything and get quickly bored 😉

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Its A/P is not perfect either, so I continue using the default A320.

You know that on the released FBW, is the same crappy AP as the default one :D.

Anyway, you can also use their custom autopilot, login to discord and download it from #autoflight channel 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

43 minutes ago, David Roch said:

You have a powerful machine, I don't understand you.
I prefer loosing some fps and enjoy the benefit we get flying the FBW version.
Default A320n is an empty shell. You will not learn anything and get quickly bored 😉

Well, not really an empty shell... the checklist is much shorter than the FBW but many systems are functional.

Let's say that I use both, but now I am sticking to the default one because the performance of the sim has degraded a lot with the latest patch. I will return to FBW when they fix it.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

23 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I really don't want to talk badly about the FBW A320, in contrary I am impressed what they achieved and I appreciate it very much, but...

Am I the only one who has massive microstutters with the FBW A320 as soon as a flightplan is active in the FMS?

It is quite smooth when no flightplan is loaded into the FMS, but whenever a flightplan is loaded there are lots of immersionbreaking microstutters, in particular when taxiing and turning on the ground and often immediately after takeoff and on final approach. These miscrostutters seem to be independent from an otherwise nice overall FPS performance.

I tested all kinds of settings to get rid of the microstutters but to no avail. After a flew flights with the Aerosoft CRJ, which have been totally smooth without any microstutter at all, it seems to me that it must be an issue of the FBW A320.

Does anybody else experience this? Or found a solution to get rid of these microstutters?

I have noticed that the displays are causing the microstutters. In cold and dark cockpit everything is smooth but as I fire her up, and the displays come alive, the stutters begin. After the shutdown, with no displays, it´s smooth again. Closing the first officer´s displays helps a bit to avoid stutters.

Tapani Österberg

8 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

Well, not really an empty shell... the checklist is much shorter than the FBW but many systems are functional.

Let's say that I use both, but now I am sticking to the default one because the performance of the sim has degraded a lot with the latest patch. I will return to FBW when they fix it.

That sounds a bit better, the way you decsribed it was as the FBW was causing all your stutters, (when infact this is a sim issue at present) The FBW is more demanding of your system, but this is due to it's higher complexity.

My system for example is no where near high end, but i still manage 30-35fps in the cockpit, with the occasional stutter on approach, again more down to the sim

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,