Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

FPS Test of Popular Aircraft

with 200 you hit powertarget it clocks down, and the biggest thing the mems is way to hot think they hit 100c or more at RS 200 

you kan open the an show higest lowest value click the black triangle and you can hover the mouse on the red and get the values.

it seems that RS 100-120 is max for the card then it downclock , contenta it hit powertarget , downclock , hover over perf cap reason orange and blue is hit max voltage i think green probaly powertarget.

my mems hits max 54c in msfs 80-90 is ok but high easy to degrade over time , i get a little shocked over the mems its no suprize that the miners have these temps but not MSFS.

as i see it you cant blame the CRJ it only put it on the edge , MSFS hit the gpu hard thats not a news. you can not load the gpu to max before it starts to adjust itself to safe values.

you ar not bound by the CPU its the GPU that hit the roof before its on full load.

curios what, card model and maker ? hope that you dont think aim rude my friend.

Edited by westman

1 hour ago, westman said:

with 200 you hit powertarget it clocks down, and the biggest thing the mems is way to hot think they hit 100c or more at RS 200 

you kan open the an show higest lowest value click the black triangle and you can hover the mouse on the red and get the values.

it seems that RS 100-120 is max for the card then it downclock , contenta it hit powertarget , downclock , hover over perf cap reason orange and blue is hit max voltage i think green probaly powertarget.

my mems hits max 54c in msfs 80-90 is ok but high easy to degrade over time , i get a little shocked over the mems its no suprize that the miners have these temps but not MSFS.

as i see it you cant blame the CRJ it only put it on the edge , MSFS hit the gpu hard thats not a news. you can not load the gpu to max before it starts to adjust itself to safe values.

you ar not bound by the CPU its the GPU that hit the roof before its on full load.

curios what, card model and maker ? hope that you dont think aim rude my friend.

Thank you for your help.

My PC sitting on the Desk top doing nothing and watching mem temp is 80.

So I used MSI afterburner and just turned fans on to 90% and mem is now down to 58 dec

That sounds so much better dont you think? I think auto fan never went over 50%

This say 62 but its now like I said 58

Screenshot-921.png

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

My Mem temp is a steady 56-58 with fans set to 90% is it OK to have fan set and running at 90% all the time or just best to set it before running MSFS. I was shocked at the mem temp being 80 when doing nothing.

So is it ok to leave fan set to 90 all the time or just when starting MSFS?

Screenshot-922.png

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Loaded up CRJ at KIAD, weather was totaly overcast and raining.

I just sat at the gate for 5 mins, mem temp never went over 76, FPS locked at 31.

Much better.

Screenshot-923.png

11 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Loaded up CRJ at KIAD, weather was totaly overcast and raining.

I just sat at the gate for 5 mins, mem temp never went over 76, FPS locked at 31.

Much better.

now its locks nice, the 3080 its the best bung for bucks GPU for MSFS it in pair with the cheaper "low end 3090" that boost to 1900mhz a 3080 that boost 2025 have the same or sligthly better performance in MSFS.

keep in mind that 3090 has 24gb vram and 12 of them on the back side very hard to cool , the only reason to buy 3090 for MSFS is that you run 4K but the gain is minimal 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westman said:

now its locks nice, the 3080 its the best bung for bucks GPU for MSFS it in pair with the cheaper "low end 3090" that boost to 1900mhz a 3080 that boost 2025 have the same or sligthly better performance in MSFS.

keep in mind that 3090 has 24gb vram and 12 of them on the back side very hard to cool , the only reason to buy 3090 for MSFS is that you run 4K but the gain is minimal 

Thank you again for pointing me to GPUZ. 

I turned off the FO side displays in the CRJ and can now hit 46 FPS.

I did a full flight that was totaly overcast from 5,000ft to 26,000, cruise was FL240 so never out of it. Had GPUZ running and mem temp was 68 d all of flight. Happy now I have full control over my 3080 with afterbuner and GPUZ.

"the only reason to buy 3090 for MSFS is that you run 4K but the gain is minimal" I agree, the vram is good to have.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I turned off the FO side displays in the CRJ

How? I only found a switch to dim it but that did nothing regarding fps.  Can I switch off the FO FMS, too?

20 hours ago, westman said:

0n 1440 9gb but much more at 4K 14gb vram in ultra, cj4 13-13.5gb

I might of made the right decision to get a Nitro+ 6800xt with it's 16Gb vram, as the 3090 was way over my budget, the 10Gb on the 3080 was a concern for me as I thought the the more complex aircraft would eat vRam.

Edited by eaim

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

1 hour ago, crimplene said:

How? I only found a switch to dim it but that did nothing regarding fps.  Can I switch off the FO FMS, too?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/aerosoft-crj-550-700-fps-increase/381908

• Like 1