Sign in to follow this  
macpilot

AreoSoft CRJ and HoneyComb Throttle

I have configured the Honey Comb Throttle for a 2 Engine Jet. When I use this configuration the throttles work fine. With the default aircraft. In the CRJ the engine gauges in the cockpit indicate they recognize the Honey Comb throttles. But the throttles in the sim don't move. What have I missed?

Thank You.

Bill McCracken 

Deleted

Edited by carlito777

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Thanks. But I think I have them set. The same as you. I'll double check and let you know.

10 minutes ago, macpilot said:

Thanks. But I think I have them set. The same as you. I'll double check and let you know.

Do you use FSUPIC?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Have you set your throttle to idle position with your mouse? If they are on the shutdown position, they won't move. 

I don't have the CRJ but from what I have read there may be some throttle calibration specific to the aircraft that you need to do in the EFB in the plane.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

I don't have the CRJ but from what I have read there may be some throttle calibration specific to the aircraft that you need to do in the EFB in the plane

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

I don't have the CRJ but from what I have read there may be some throttle calibration specific to the aircraft that you need to do in the EFB in the plane

Yes, good point I forgot about that. My throttles worked out of the box. However, it was a  spaced too close to  move from TOGA to CLB and so I recalibrated using EFB to space it a bit

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I have the same Throttle and it works great but I admit to having the same thought on my first loading of the CRJ.  When the throttles in the CRJ are locked as they are before the engines are started they will not move.  Once you start and move them into idle position (you will have to click on them in the sim to do this) your levers should be good.  Make sure to calibrate on the EFB! The MAX and TOGA were too close for my liking and I put the Climb setting to equal where my Honeycomb throttles met up with the white markings so I could more easily get it set visually.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks to all! I am going through the "BobbyFuzzy" CRJ tutorial. In the beginning the engines are off. Therefore the throttles don't move. I reloaded the sim and  brought up the CRJ at an airport on the runway. Engines on and the throttles work.  So again thanks to all for your help.

Bill McCracken

Did you unlock the red tabs that are a throttle lock. That is what had me stumped. You have to click the tabs to unlock and then the throttles will move. Good Luck ................... Walt

Walt Popowski