Sign in to follow this  
Aristoteles

Best Airliner/Jet to Date?

I am on the verge of a pure GA VFR ----> IFR Airliner transition. It feels like things are starting to improve a bit on system rich aircraft for MSFS. Sadly, SU3 introduced some performance problems, and I quite unsure where should spend my free time at the moment. I would like to know what is in your opinion the best all rounded airliner so far, all things considered (price/if any, performance, and..well, quality overall in a nutshell).

CJ4 by WT

A320 by FSW

CRJ by AS.

Any other I may have missed.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

WT CJ4 is awesome, start with that then work up to the bigger stuff.

Edited by Gordon Hutchison
  • Like 2

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

Agree completely with Gordon... start with the CJ4 with WT mod first. Workflow is much more involved than GA and you can easily find yourself way behind the jet which is not a good place to be!

Best part you already have it. Aerosoft CRJ is nice as well but the CJ4 is a good tooth-cutter. Enjoy!

System: i7-10700K, Asus Formula XII, 32GB ram, Samsung 2TB NVMe SSD, EVGA FTW 3090, HP Reverb G2 headset

Hardware: VitualFly Yoko yoke, VirtualFly TQ6 throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Simulations: MSFS 2020 (VR), P3Dv5.3 (VR), X-Plane 11.5 (VR), DCS (VR)

CJ4wt.

I use my own walk through PDF. If you think it would help PM me your email.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Aristoteles said:

Sadly, SU3 introduced some performance problems, and I quite unsure where should spend my free time at the moment.

I am just wondering, and a little tongue in cheek here, how you manage to have any free time after an update at all?  With so many things to fix for so many people most of them are spending all their time trying to sort it out for MS and Asobo,, and of course as a secondary purpose, for themselves. I have only just (yesterday) got mine fully sorted out after completely refurbishing my Community folder and only installing the utilities I use regularly, Australian only scenery and my aircraft.  To be honest, I still have no real idea what was causing my load times to blow out to about 25 minutes after the last update.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Well, I am a lucky guy I guess, enjoying JF Piper Arrow and FS a lot lately. I must one of the few, but believe me, we do exist.

• Like 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

Until they can fix the lateral navigation on the FBW Im afraid that the A320NX is a whole lot of potential, but not really a whole lot of substance. Im sorry to say that, but such a vital part of commercial aviation is not working properly, and until it does, I really dont trust the a320nx even if it does look and sound pretty. 

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

7 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I am just wondering, and a little tongue in cheek here, how you manage to have any free time after an update at all?  With so many things to fix for so many people most of them are spending all their time trying to sort it out for MS and Asobo,, and of course as a secondary purpose, for themselves. I have only just (yesterday) got mine fully sorted out after completely refurbishing my Community folder and only installing the utilities I use regularly, Australian only scenery and my aircraft.  To be honest, I still have no real idea what was causing my load times to blow out to about 25 minutes after the last update.

Tony

Two ways to trouble shoot that, take one item out of community folder at a time, and if it is an add on, which it probably is, you can find it  that way. The other solution is to totally empty the folder and put one item back at a time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

CJ4 hands down.

The A320 has a long ways to go, and is a much more complex aircraft.

With some work on the autopilot logic, the CRJ will be in pretty decent shape too.

• Like 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

Bob,

The second option is the one I chose, incredibly time consuming though, as I put in an aircraft and test, put in the second and test until I have gone through all the aircraft, and modded  aircraft I actually fly on a regular basis,  The same applies to my utilities, and then I just reinstalled (from Zip files) all my Australian sceneries, which have never created a problem. I initially went crazy and installed all the freeware sceneries I could get my hands on until I realized that I never flew in or out of those airports or scenery areas.  So I then organized my sceneries into Countries, concentrating on England, Ireland and Scotland, which would be my second choice of areas to fly in. Those sceneries are in a separate folder (zip files) which are all ready to be installed when I choose to do so.

The original Community folder which contains everything is still intact on a different drive and remains ready to be worked on after the next update, hotfix or World update. 

Whichever route one chooses to take, it is a long process and one which is basically unavoidable (for most) after each update etc.

14 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Well, I am a lucky guy I guess, enjoying JF Piper Arrow and FS a lot lately. I must one of the few, but believe me, we do exist.

I very much consider myself one of the lucky ones too.  My problems have largely been restricted to replacing mods after each update and these have been relatively short and predictable problems and fixes,  

However this last one increased my load times very dramatically and I have no idea what was causing it.  During one of my waiting times, I decided to reorganize my Community folder in the way mentioned above. It has been effective by reducing my loading times from 25 to 7 minutes approximately. A definite benefit for me.  

No doubt however, the next update will require more fixing, but because of the reduced Community folder, it should not take as long to sort out.  

As an aside, I am considering approaching the MS/Asobo "update" team for a payrise as a beta tester (victim LOL) If we all ask for a payrise, they may well actually pay someone on their own team to test these updates before release. Hmmmm, somehow, I don't think that will work as we are doing too good a job buy whinging and then fixing the problems as a community.

The people I really feel sorry for though, are the ones undergoing these performance purges. They really must be going through h3ll.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Himmelhorse,

It sounds like you are not using any of the addon linker programs available.  By creating subdirectories in your "virtual" community folder (mine is off on another drive) for things such as by state ( I live in the US) or Aircraft mod, liveries, etc.  You can load only what you need and conversely empty and replenish you community folder quickly and easily with one or two clicks.  With the shear amount of addons out there, loading it all into the sim has to be taxing to the load times, not to mention the time to uninstall/reinstall for updates and troubleshooting.. Wouldn't leave home without one. With a few well managed subdirectories, you can keep your load-ins lean and mean.    That and making disc images once a week of my system and MSFS drive keep thing hopping along.

59 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Two ways to trouble shoot that, take one item out of community folder at a time, and if it is an add on, which it probably is, you can find it  that way. The other solution is to totally empty the folder and put one item back at a time. 

Just as a suggestion, it can be more efficient, especially if you have a lot of addons, to perform a binary search for the troublemaker.   Take half of your addons and disable them.   Start and see if the problem goes away.   If it does not, you know it's in the half you still have enabled.   If it does, it's in the other half, so swap halves.   Either way, disable half of what you have left and try again.   Repeat narrowing by half until you find the problem.

If you have multiple troublemakers it can take more than one pass to do this, but it's still better than disabling a bunch of things individually in sequence.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Just as a suggestion, it can be more efficient, especially if you have a lot of addons, to perform a binary search for the troublemaker.   Take half of your addons and disable them.   Start and see if the problem goes away.   If it does not, you know it's in the half you still have enabled.   If it does, it's in the other half, so swap halves.   Either way, disable half of what you have left and try again.   Repeat narrowing by half until you find the problem.

If you have multiple troublemakers it can take more than one pass to do this, but it's still better than disabling a bunch of things individually in sequence.

I totally agree. I used to teach component level technicians how to trouble shoot circuits, and  I would have them start with a scope, halfway between in the input and output. That is basically what you are suggesting. Cuts down the troubleshooting time dramatically. I forgot that, in my post above. Been retired too long.. 😉 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, bszuch said:

Himmelhorse,

It sounds like you are not using any of the addon linker programs available.  By creating subdirectories in your "virtual" community folder (mine is off on another drive) for things such as by state ( I live in the US) or Aircraft mod, liveries, etc.  You can load only what you need and conversely empty and replenish you community folder quickly and easily with one or two clicks.  With the shear amount of addons out there, loading it all into the sim has to be taxing to the load times, not to mention the time to uninstall/reinstall for updates and troubleshooting.. Wouldn't leave home without one. With a few well managed subdirectories, you can keep your load-ins lean and mean.    That and making disc images once a week of my system and MSFS drive keep thing hopping along.

Hello mate and thank you for your input.

I have two of those programmes which I was using.  I have only stopped using it after the last update and only due to the complete re-org of my Community folder.  I was probably not utilizing this to the full extent and I will most likely revisit after I have sorted it all out.

My problem, as previously stated, was the sudden increase to load times of about 25 minutes.  I was unaware of the loading times prior to the update but it was nowhere near 25 minutes. I have to assume therefore, that it was the update that caused this problem.  In the final analysis though, it has been a good outcome in that I have had a rethink about what I am doing with this flight sim. 

What I do NOT want to be doing is to load what I want with each flight as I have enough messing around with aircraft callsigns, weather etc. as it is.

I am a happy little vegemite now though, and have realized that this is WAY off topic for which I apologise.

Again off topic, Aerobask has just released the Phenom300 for Xplane and I am trying to buy that as we speak (Credit/Debit card troubles with the .org)

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

The CJ4 with the freeware mods rocks! Kicks word not allowed. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.