Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Which is the best JNB?

There are a couple of Johannesburg airport sceneries out there...which one would people recommend?

Thanks

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

There is nothing super Hi-Fi at the moment.

The best for accuracy and FPS is NMG.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

Thanks. Is it compatible with SODE?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

I am looking forward to the South World version of FAOR. At one stage I had a number of NMG airports but I did not keep them up to date due the NMG upgrade strategy.

Johan Pienaar

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks. Is it compatible with SODE?

Not sure. It comes with its own Jetways. It is v5 compatible. You can ask here: https://www.nmgsimulations.co.za/contact-us/

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

26 minutes ago, pinepix62 said:

I am looking forward to the South World version of FAOR. At one stage I had a number of NMG airports but I did not keep them up to date due the NMG upgrade strategy.

"Upgrade strategy"? The fact that he charges a reduced fee if you upgrade to a newer version?

50 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

"Upgrade strategy"? The fact that he charges a reduced fee if you upgrade to a newer version?

Yes, upgrading from P3D V4 to V5 I get a 30% discount on the V5 product of exactly the same version of the airport with the V5 installer. This upgrade is for free with most vendors.

Johan Pienaar

2 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Yes, upgrading from P3D V4 to V5 I get a 30% discount on the V5 product of exactly the same version of the airport with the V5 installer. This upgrade is for free with most vendors.

Poor chap has to make a living. You don't have to buy. 😒

2 hours ago, IanHarrison said:

Poor chap has to make a living.

Upgrade his offering then?
Even JustSim makes some improvements to their product whenever they roll-out yet another point version and charge for it.

19 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

There are a couple of Johannesburg airport sceneries out there...which one would people recommend?

IMO, Gaffer Sim FAOR looks better texture-wise and I've long given up on South World ever releasing their version.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 3/23/2021 at 6:19 PM, F737NG said:

I've long given up on South World ever releasing their version.

agreed. heartbreaking but true.

14ppkc-6.png