Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

XPlane 11 Aerobask Phenom300

Hello all,

Yesterday, I believe, Aerobask released its previously announced Phenom 300 for XPlane 11.

I just bought it and have had my first flight.  An incredible purchase and an incredible experience with the first flight.

The REALLY BAD news is that there are no plans for it to come to MSFS. No other negatives for me.

Announced on Threshold flight sim news.

Highly recommended

Tony 

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I don't think we'll see many crossovers from Xplane to MSFS.  Have any been announced to date?

That's one beautiful looking plane. If only X-Plane had a decent weather engine without the sudden changes, puffy clouds that extend to the horizon, and decent looking water & animations, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I watched some of the videos and it's a work of art!

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 minute ago, DJJose said:

That's one beautiful looking plane. If only X-Plane had a decent weather engine without the sudden changes, puffy clouds that extend to the horizon, and decent looking water & animations, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. watch some of the videos and it's a work of art!

I think that a lot of people would actually prefer that to the perfect weather depiction, beautiful water and animations, which unfortunately also include numerous bugs included with every update. That is offset, of course, by the many simmers who suffer little impact with the aforementioned updates.

I very much believe that P3D and particularly, XPlane are a very viable option and I use them both on an almost daily basis. With the introduction of the Phenom 300, I am finding it hard to leave alone at the moment and am revelling in the aircraft much more so than the other inferior aspects of XPlane. 

I also believe that XPlane 12 is here this year some time and from all indications, they are working on weather and scenery engines as a priority.  Going to be very interesting.

Regards

Tony 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

I also believe that XPlane 12 is here this year some time and from all indications, they are working on weather and scenery engines as a priority.  Going to be very interesting.

Regards

Tony 

That will be interesting to see considering that ever since XP10 or as long as I can remember there has been this annoying break skid sound that for reasons that I can't fathom, still has not been changed or eliminated. It even happens in payware airplanes. 😀

I've began using the sim again, while my MSFS is down and out, but I'm slowly finding out why I wanted to move on to a more complete sim. There are so many areas that can use some improvement with X-Plane. I hope that XP12 finally gets it right.

Best of luck!

I've done a few liveries for it so far at Da Org
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/profile/8369-ryanbatc/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

The REALLY BAD news is that there are no plans for it to come to MSFS. No other negatives for me.

This is expected considering this is a small XP addon company, it would be an enormous task to learn how to develop for MSFS and rework all the systems and flight modeling code to do it the MSFS way.

23 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Ryan, I have just downloaded one of these liveries and it is gorgeous.

I noted also that you changed an aircraft registration for one repaint.

Is this hard to do as I would really like to change the default (Blue) registration to VH-CAC for purely personal and selfish reasons.

I also have a request and would like to PM you if that is OK with you.

Cheers

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

10 minutes ago, Greazer said:

This is expected considering this is a small XP addon company, it would be an enormous task to learn how to develop for MSFS and rework all the systems and flight modeling code to do it the MSFS way.

Greazer, 

I am very much aware of the reasons why this won't be coming to MSFS. Just saying that it is a pity is all.

The other reason is that it is a very much better aircraft than the Carenado Phenom 300, but I guess we can reasonably expect that aircraft in the fullness of time.

In all honesty, I am not really expecting many devs to convert their products with the exception of the "BIG" boys who have the fiscal resources and the staff to do the work,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

This one is for Bert Pieke,

Bert,

I am wondering if you have this aircraft and whether or not you have begun to bring your RXP GTN experience to bear.

I think this would bring great value to the Aerobask Navigation procedures LOL

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Some comparisons with existing bizjet and what makes this one stands out will be appreciated.

• Beside looking "good", how are the flight dynamic and handling? 
  • Taxi/Ground control? 
  • Avionics all functional? 
  • AP/VNav works? 
  • How is it on fps?  
  • Is it VR friendly? 
  • Mostly bug free?

Thanks. I mostly rely on users feedback on these forums and don't trust mega paid news "review" sites. 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, Sims Smith said:
  • Beside looking "good", how are the flight dynamic and handling? 
  • Taxi/Ground control? 
  • Avionics all functional? 
  • AP/VNav works? 
  • How is it on fps?  
  • Is it VR friendly? 
  • Mostly bug free?

Mate,

Flight dynamics far better (IMO) than anything in MSFS,

Avionics appear to be fully functional,

I have not tested VNAV  ... I use speed/FLC for climb and l use VS and descent rate for descent,

Frame rates are good (no decline detected on my system.  The same applies to all Aerobask aircraft for me,

VR Friendly ... Dunno

THe only bug I/We have detected is that when HYD Pumps are off, the doors still work and it does not trigger a CAS alert. There was also, I believe another anomoly found by someone that was so minor I have forgotten quite what it was.

All in all, top of the ladder particularly in comparison to Carenado.  Again, highly recommended.

Also worth mentioning, is that I am trying to contact Bert Pieke who may well come up with a panel config to incorporate the RXP GTN750 (Another brilliant product)

Tony

Tony

• Like 1

Tony Chilcott.

8 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Nice! How well does the aircraft perform in your system at areas such as TE SoCal?

How about loading times? I have their Panthera and it takes a while to load.

I'm very interested in getting this one too.

Thanks.

TE socal is the reason for long load times

The phenom is about the same as every other addon in xp11 - a little longer than default c172.

Fps are fine for me. Usually 25-30 in that area.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 3/24/2021 at 12:57 AM, himmelhorse said:

Mate,

Flight dynamics far better (IMO) than anything in MSFS,

Avionics appear to be fully functional,

I have not tested VNAV  ... I use speed/FLC for climb and l use VS and descent rate for descent,

Frame rates are good (no decline detected on my system.  The same applies to all Aerobask aircraft for me,

VR Friendly ... Dunno

THe only bug I/We have detected is that when HYD Pumps are off, the doors still work and it does not trigger a CAS alert. There was also, I believe another anomoly found by someone that was so minor I have forgotten quite what it was.

All in all, top of the ladder particularly in comparison to Carenado.  Again, highly recommended.

Also worth mentioning, is that I am trying to contact Bert Pieke who may well come up with a panel config to incorporate the RXP GTN750 (Another brilliant product)

Tony

Tony

Thanks Tony. I heard nothing but good about this aircraft. So I took the plunge and purchased it. Loving it so far. I got everything working like LNAV, VNAV, GS and the modification they have done to G1000 is very handy.  I hope LR put this in their default G1000.  The workload is a bit heavy compared to say TBM 900 but at least I won't fall asleep.  There is a little bit of learning curve for me.  Took it out for a ride and I am as satisfied as others. Here is a landing video. 

• Like 1

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2