Sign in to follow this  
kokelas1

Canary and Madeira DEM?

When do we get a proper and accurate altitude modeling from the Canary Islands and Madeira? I would like enthusiasts to do DEM 10 or DEM 5 level elevation modeling of these islands. In my second simulator P3D4 I have a 5 meter mehs from Canary, which is excellent.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I did a test months ago over La Palma and the mesh was so real, real, real word not allowed.

• Like 1

Madeira looks awful. Not sure why they put a hand crafted airport there and didn’t touch the island. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Madeira looks awful. Not sure why they put a hand crafted airport there and didn’t touch the island. 

Madeira looks terrible because the Levadas are strange, way to big rivers. There is a new river and tree correction mod for Madeira on flightsim.to!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, crimplene said:

Madeira looks terrible because the Levadas are strange, way to big rivers. There is a new river and tree correction mod for Madeira on flightsim.to!

Ahh I didn’t know that, I’ll give it a try, thanks! 

They still have the old airport in Madeira, the one before they modelled and renamed it after a footballer. I believe it's the Aerosoft one because there's a flaw in the taxiway that is in exactly the same place that caused a system crash in Xplane 11. That same flaw was the subject of some correspondence between me and some guy called Matjis (or similar) who told me in the end if I didn't want a system crash than turn off crash detection as "I will know when I crash".

Ermm...

• Like 1