Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Let's not accept the fact that FS is just a videogame now

10 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I understand you are frustrated but this idea that because there will be a xbox version that it weakens the PC version is utterly ridiculous. MSFS is PC first platform as stated by Jorg like 5 millions times already. Get over it.  Get off your high horse and elitist snobbish view. MSFS has done more for flight simulation hobby than XP11 and P3D combine over the past 20 years. IT's because of people like you who think they are better than others that the hobby was dying. Let people experience the simulator the way they want. If you think you need 100000000$ worth of equipement and addons to make you feel like you are in a simulator , well that your prerogative. It's not everyone's point of view. 

Dam, we started with non-working autopilots and 10 fps on a RTX 3090 and now it seems that everything is twisted to elitist deluded grown up children who want to pretend to be real pilots and bash MS for not delivering a 20 million $ simulator.

The XBOX development subtracts resources and budget to the core of the PC version, exactly as the world updates, the liveries and other superficial improvements useful only from a marketing perspective, useful only for who has interest to SELL the product to new customers. Guess what, in the trailers you don't see the water creeping up the coastlines, the terrain spikes, the 10 fps stuttering, the A320 flying in circles. Everything is perfect in the trailers. There is even an XBOX trailer that looks better than the real PC version on ultra settings, LOL.

Don't think that all the overhead does not impact the resources put in the bug fixing and improvements of the sim and the aircraft: even if there are different people working on different aspects of the sim, there are still more salaries to pay, more time spent in meetings with the management, eventual conflicts between a visual uplift modification and the overall bugginess of the sim: see the coastline glitch and the spikes issue that came out with the last world updates.

In a perfect world a company has an unlimited budget and the modifications of a software are all independent and don't impact each other, but the real world is different, the real world is not a trailer 🙂

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

25 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

The XBOX development subtracts resources and budget to the core of the PC version

Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Do you have any evidence to support this claim?

You always stumble on little things with your oneliners....

See the whole picture, where it is obvious that the main focus is on the XBox version.

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

8 hours ago, RXP said:

And I won't slide the discussion into the SDK further either, but I'd just say if their goal is really to make a PC and an Xbox branch, they would be already supporting loading 3rd party compiled code into DLLs...

If they do it properly, two branches are inevitable (rather than do it with tons of if-platformA else platformB-statements). But even then the goal is, to share as much common code as possible. Sharing for example only 40% common code would create a huge mess and a config hell. It basically would mean double the efforts going on and more and more divergent capabilities. So the goal must be reach maybe something like 90%-95% common code. And that could easily mean, that loading 3rd party DLLs is still not supportable. Disclaimer: I say this as a software architect.

17 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Refreshing post. Now, you flew  for fun but you didn’t settle for a bird with broken gyro  and a sputtering engine 😁

It could be argued that MSFS is currently not fun for a lot of people because  features they need are broken,

That however does not turn it into a sim 😄 That just makes it a broken game.

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I didn't say you were bashing it, where did you get that impression from? 

... because you quoted me. Well, so then it was I myself who misunderstood.... never mind 🙂

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

You always stumble on little things with your oneliners....

See the whole picture, where it is obvious that the main focus is on the XBox version.

Where is evidence in the quote you post that MSFS is shifting resources from PC to the XBox?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Where is evidence in the quote you post that MSFS is shifting resources from PC to the XBox?

👓

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 hours ago, ADamiani said:

I'm trying to remember the moment when I asked for your advice on what I should or should not do.

I'm sorry, I am unable to. Maybe you can help me with that?

Regards

Andrea

Its not advice its just a statement you can do what you want frankly I don't really care.

RYZEN 7 5800X3D EIGHT CORE 4.5GHZ,  CORSAIR CMK64GX4M2E3200C16 VENGEANCE LPX 64GB SAPPHIRE NITRO  AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT (16368 MB) 

MSI MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI Samsung U32J59x (DisplayPort) [31.5" VA LCD] Seagate FireCuda 520 SSD ZP1000GM30002 (ITB)WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (1TB)

On 3/23/2021 at 9:48 AM, EmaRacing said:

It's not a videogame at the moment, it's a virtual paperweight. I can't even navigate the menus at 5 fps.

Lies. If you can't navigate your menus because of low fps then your system is trash and you don't know what you're doing. Only time the menu becomes unresponsive is when I turn my render scaling all the way up to 200. A lot of you guys are trolls 

7 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Lies. If you can't navigate your menus because of low fps then your system is trash and you don't know what you're doing. Only time the menu becomes unresponsive is when I turn my render scaling all the way up to 200. A lot of you guys are trolls 

You are so wrong it is laughable. When it goes into this 5FPS,you can't click on anything or even shut the game down in the game menus. As I stated before, I had to use  task manager  to shut MSFS down. Saying people that have seen this don't know what they are doing or are trolls is bull @@@@.  Jerk

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

You are so wrong it is laughable. When it goes into this 5FPS,you can't click on anything or even shut the game down in the game menus. As I stated before, I had to use   to shut MSFS down. Saying people that have seen this don't know what they are doing or are trolls is bull @@@@

I've had the low fps too but never to the point of me not being able to click on anything, and never in the menus

On 3/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I never said you did. You don’t need a Ferrari to drive to the shops, but it’s nice to be able to do so. 

So why do you keep asking how are they going to run it? 

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

I've had the low fps too but never to the point of me not being able to click on anything, and never in the menus

Well bully for you. Maybe you are lying or a troll....

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

23 hours ago, BiologicalNanobot said:

In order to accomplish this, MSFS starts by distributing global aerodynamic coefficients to surface elements proportional to their surface area. After that, an iterative optimization algorithm will further tune local aerodynamic coefficients so that when all element forces are integrated (when a “zero-order” solution is reached) resulting global aerodynamic coefficients will match the global aerodynamic coefficients entered in tables.

It doesn't matter, there will still be threads saying that MSFS is a "game" because "just look at the friendly UI!" , "it's coming to XBox!", or "3d shooters have good graphics too and don't have lag".

Don't let the pesky facts get in the way.  😉