Sign in to follow this  
Daytona125

Oculus link crashing only in MSFS 2020

This is driving me bonkers. More often then not my oculus link crashes, only with MSFS 2020. When it does happen I have to completely exit the oculus app and clear the oculus stuff with ctr/alt/esc, I then restart the oculus app and reconnect oculus link and sometimes I can then continue my flight until it happens again. It is so unpredictable that I am considering not using MSFS anymore, this only happens with MSFS 2020,X-plane and P3Dv5 is fine. I’m using quest 2 and the latest beta software with a 3080 pledged directly into the USB-c on my motherboard(Power saving turned off) with the oculus brand cable. 

Am I the only one with this issueis it me? Is this an issue? Is there a fix anyone has figured out? PLEASE HELP if you can. 

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Try using an usb 3 standard port(the rectangle big ones), All the USB C that I found on motherboards and laptops were poorly supported and caused all sorts of glitches.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

It just started happening with v26 and v27 I think. Shouldn't need to fuss with USB ports - just need to press Oculus to fix in v28! I got it to last much longer today but it is unrepeatable.

• Like 1

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Oddly, I had the same issue with it constantly disconnecting even in v27 on my new desktop.  It was working fine the previous day then the next day it kept disconnecting.  It's odd but what fixed it was plugging in the connector to the headset in the other direction.  Go figure.  Not one disconnect since in v27.  Note, this is the bent connection and had been using it with cord facing towards my back.  The day I had the problems I plugged it in facing forward, so turned it back again and it has worked ever since.    

I've also had issues as EmaRacing suggested above with different connections on my old laptop, I think the c connector was bad and the regular usb was old as I used it for my joystick for several years.  I had to ever so slightly bend the connector so it had a tight fit.  I think it was loose from age and any jiggle would cause it to disconnect.

Anyway, just food for thought.  Check the connectors and connections and ensure they are snug and don't move about when wearing the headset.  Worth a shot.

I will say, v27 has been the best version yet as far as smoothness and everything so I'm hoping it continues that way.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the replies but unfortunately nothing has worked. Tried reinstalling oculus app, bought an adapter to plug usb-c into regular usb 3.1, tried turning wire around at headset, even tried a factory re-set on the quest 2. Opened ticket with oculus.

On a bit of a different note. I am noticing higher speeds from 1.6 gb/s on the usb-c only to 2.1 gb/s on the adapter plugged into usb 3.1 on the motherboard. My hopes were high but it is still crashing. Ahain. Thanks for the suggestions.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,