Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

What's the future?

Just now, Ian S said:

Garlic.......and bread?????

Cheesecake?! Cheese... and cake?

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

When MSFS matures LM could drop P3D for MS...

• Upvote 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

8 hours ago, reecemj said:

When MSFS matures LM could drop P3D for MS...

Did you think before writing ... ? 🧐

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Considering the original poster seems to have invested a lot of money into Prepar3d add ons why not keep both if you have the disk space...

Seems a waste not to....I have an enormous amount of money invested in Prepard3d, probably to much and I still fly it..

MSFS2020 eye candy for VFR is amazing though..

Dave

• Like 1

On 3/24/2021 at 6:14 AM, OzWhitey said:

On a Prepar3d forum, I want to hear about Prepar3d.

There are plenty of people on the MSFS forum talking about P3d when they aren't whining about the framerate bug. 😉

I have both sims. They're both great in their own way. I do all my VFR stuff in MSFS because VFR in P3d, even with enhanced scenery, can't touch MSFS. My neighbor painted weird geometric designs on his driveway. It's in MSFS. P3d can't do that, and it will probably never be able to do that.

And that's OK, because I suspect P3d will, at least for the foreseeable future, continue to have considerable advantages over MSFS in the realism department. If I want to conduct a realistic IFR flight in a plane with well-simulated systems and live weather that's actually live and not based on bad Meteoblue forecasts, I'm sure not doing it in MSFS. I do not understand why people are saying they're going to uninstall P3d if LM doesn't start jumping up and down and cheering about P3d's future. You've... already given LM money for P3d. You're not going to hurt them if you uninstall it. All you're going to do is deny yourself the ability to sim in ways that MSFS can't yet handle.

I've maintained for a long time that LM does not care very much about us. And that's OK, because they aren't making P3d for the home sim market. They're letting us play with their toys even though we are not the primary audience for them. And keep in mind that this particular toy isn't even a primary product for them. Lockheed builds airplanes for the military. The money they make for P3d is a drop in the bucket for a defense contractor. And the money they make from home simmers is an even smaller drop. Every one of us could stop spending any money on P3d tomorrow and LM would be just fine. Our dollars are a rounding error. We are the afterthought riding on the back of an afterthought.

In short, LM really doesn't care if people come in here and moan about how they aren't holding pep rallies for what's coming in P3d6. All that's doing is making noise on the internet, and irritating people. We should enjoy each sim for what it is and stop the constant rock-slinging at each other. It's absolutely ridiculous that flight simulator software causes tribalism. I mean, really?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, davenicoll said:

Considering the original poster seems to have invested a lot of money into Prepar3d add ons why not keep both if you have the disk space...

Seems a waste not to....I have an enormous amount of money invested in Prepard3d, probably to much and I still fly it..

MSFS2020 eye candy for VFR is amazing though..

Dave

Oh, I plan on keeping both. As a matter of fact, I just bought 2 more aircraft for it this morning after flying with P3D all day yesterday (I bought ORBX Pacific Northwest for it yesterday too)... It seems every time I actually do fly it, I like it a ton. 

6 hours ago, GSalden said:

Did you think before writing ... ? 🧐

Lol! So explain to me why not? A couple years from now msfs more stable better visual.It’s just training software for LM right? 
I only use p3d for now. 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, reecemj said:

Lol! So explain to me why not? A couple years from now msfs more stable better visual.It’s just training software for LM right? 
I only use p3d for now. 

P3D is developed for LM to be used buy the people who use there products, we just hitch a ride if you want to use MSFS you are free to so, LM continues to develop P3D for themselves and I suspect will do so long after MSFS hits finale build that`s when MS will leave it to the third party`s to continue, MS just want`s it on XBOX ASAP.

MSFS I fly the scenery not the aircraft that`s not important.

P3D I fly the aircraft and airports that is important, at 35,000ft scenery not important.  

• Like 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

As I stated previously it seems to me LM is quite happy to collect plenty of hobby cash. I get this from the marketing feel on the P3D website. Who trains on a P38? Does anyone think the default fighters are really training or "study level"?  On their statement on who may use P3D professional notice the last word on the list is those who are"simulating".  I believe that's a sly way of throwing the door open to anyone who wants to part with the cash and simulate flight and I really don't know what else you would use the program for. 

I 'm not criticizing LM at all. P3DV5 is the only sim I use and I spend hours a day with a harim full of beautiful high fidelity aircraft and I love em all so much I can't identify a favorite. I don't sit in the LM board room but judging from what I 've seen I just don't believe they put this sim out for the sole purpose of a bland training tool. Any company welcomes revenue and I don't think they hold their nose knowing it comes from the hobby class.

• Like 1

Vic green

OK, this one has run its course.  "Tastes great!  LESS FILLING!!!" and all that.  Locked.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case