Sign in to follow this  
dobee51

Is anybody making a Messerschmitt?

Yup, Classics Hangar will be getting their stuff over to MSFS and is currently working on doing that, so their bf108 will be coming and hopefully that bf110 they were threatening to make will show up at some point too, but they're getting their Fw190D over first:

Fw190D9_at_the_hangar.jpg

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

5 minutes ago, LouP said:

Get the Spitfire while you are waiting!

LouP

Or both of them. 😉

Incidentally, some of the old Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven and Flight Replicas bf109s can import into MSFS fairly well.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

6 minutes ago, Chock said:

Or both of them. 😉

Incidentally, some of the old Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven and Flight Replicas bf109s can import into MSFS fairly well.

LOL I tried the WOPIII Me109 yesterday.  Not so good.  But it may be my importing skills.

LouP

Hi Chock,

Re: "Incidentally, some of the old Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven and Flight Replicas bf109s can import into MSFS fairly well."

Does that include the instruments? What is the magic to add the instruments?

I was on Aeroplane Heaven the other day and they have some great aircraft I would like to see ported to MSFS.

Thanks.

Jim Morgan

if anybody does develop a Messerschmitt I will take up the Spitfire to shoot it down if it dares to come anywhere near UK airspace.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

3 hours ago, jcjimmy said:

Re: "Incidentally, some of the old Just Flight/Aeroplane Heaven and Flight Replicas bf109s can import into MSFS fairly well."

Does that include the instruments? What is the magic to add the instruments?

Depends on the aeroplane and how it was made. 3D instruments on more recent add-ons don't tend to translate well, older 2D stuff usually works. You have to sometimes tweak things and import the instrument with the FSX Legacy Importer, but this is just a case of clicking on a few options in the importer, so there's no real skill required to do this.

Here's two bf109s in MSFS, the 109E doesn't do so well on importing instruments, but the G does great, so you could use the G cockpit on the E variant if you wanted to, which means both of them would have a working VC. This is the Aeroplane Heaven-developed 109E for Just Flight, the 109G is the Flight Replicas one. They both fly well, so if you want a 109G, this is a no brainer and that is pretty much a contemporary of the Flying Iron Spitfire IX is you want something to fight against. The forthcoming Aeroplane Heaven Mark 1 Spitfire for MSFS would be a contemporary of the 109E.

If8aMZi.png

yZnQoD9.png

NGkQewd.png

When I say working, I mean the instruments operate and the switches animate when operated, but the switches themselves would not be 'clickable' so you'd be using keyboard shortcuts, for example you could use 'G' for the gear, and you'd see the gear lever move and the gear come up on the external model, but you couldn't click the gear lever with the mouse and have it work via that. Not the end of the world.

All of the Vertigo studios WW2 fighters/bombers work in MSFS in this way (Bearcat, SBD, Hawk 75C etc) as do most Golden Age Simulations vintage aeroplanes. The Just Flight Mitsubishi A6M 'Zero-Sen' works, the Spitfire IV and the flight Replicas P40, as does the Aeroplane Heaven B-17F/G coming into MSFS with a working VC, so you can get a lot of stuff in there:

waUhCi1.png

JysVRjI.png

Kfc01Nm.png

pycsVLZ.png

Ds2G7gz.png

MYAfNbp.png

PTyuKKG.png

m5wH8Zg.png

jtDwPfF.png

I2OU979.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Hi Chock,

Re: "Depends on the aeroplane and how it was made."

Many thanks for your response. I have done a couple of conversions with the MSFS Legacy Converter, but I have not done well with the instruments so far. There sure is a goldmine of aircraft out there to be properly converted. I'll give the Me-109G a shot.

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

16385401166d007e34ca2352cb85b5d5d9514ab09c49f14cf5e58f07df36d81135e8adda4093116fb929f56a05e870b01e0a52a8de35741d7b6d1526dff64b2e22e40dd2d0ce6aa907c84c08681a754ec8a8aafe40d536025a23833a296e2b1f774d646cmeanwhile, still waiting for that freeware/payware Messerschmitt to go along with my home cockpit .... 

Edited by saifs
  • Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 8:16 PM, Chock said:

Depends on the aeroplane and how it was made. 3D instruments on more recent add-ons don't tend to translate well, older 2D stuff usually works. You have to sometimes tweak things and import the instrument with the FSX Legacy Importer, but this is just a case of clicking on a few options in the importer, so there's no real skill required to do this.

Here's two bf109s in MSFS, the 109E doesn't do so well on importing instruments, but the G does great, so you could use the G cockpit on the E variant if you wanted to, which means both of them would have a working VC. This is the Aeroplane Heaven-developed 109E for Just Flight, the 109G is the Flight Replicas one. They both fly well, so if you want a 109G, this is a no brainer and that is pretty much a contemporary of the Flying Iron Spitfire IX is you want something to fight against. The forthcoming Aeroplane Heaven Mark 1 Spitfire for MSFS would be a contemporary of the 109E.

If8aMZi.png

yZnQoD9.png

NGkQewd.png

When I say working, I mean the instruments operate and the switches animate when operated, but the switches themselves would not be 'clickable' so you'd be using keyboard shortcuts, for example you could use 'G' for the gear, and you'd see the gear lever move and the gear come up on the external model, but you couldn't click the gear lever with the mouse and have it work via that. Not the end of the world.

All of the Vertigo studios WW2 fighters/bombers work in MSFS in this way (Bearcat, SBD, Hawk 75C etc) as do most Golden Age Simulations vintage aeroplanes. The Just Flight Mitsubishi A6M 'Zero-Sen' works, the Spitfire IV and the flight Replicas P40, as does the Aeroplane Heaven B-17F/G coming into MSFS with a working VC, so you can get a lot of stuff in there:

waUhCi1.png

JysVRjI.png

Kfc01Nm.png

pycsVLZ.png

Ds2G7gz.png

MYAfNbp.png

PTyuKKG.png

m5wH8Zg.png

jtDwPfF.png

I2OU979.png

These look superb Chock, I'll be awaiting their formal release with great anticipation!!!

Any news on that 108 Taifun by Classic Hangar? I've got an itch for it I can't control 😂