Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andy1252

Spitfire outside Benson, MSFS and XP11

been trying to get back to XP11 while I wait for MSFS to get sorted. I can still fly in MSFS but it's very frustrating with all the fps and stuttering stuff going on. Tried to do the flight I had been trying to complete in MSFS in X-Plane. Couple of shots for illustration.

First - from MSFS
aGvEwFa.jpg

then XP11
6tPYmVa.jpg

not trying to invoke yah-boo-sucks type comparisons here. I definitely would prefer to have my MSFS working but if they don't get it sorted soon I can live with XP for a while if necessary. Sort of. Kinda. If I really must. Oh, this is only true though with TrueEarth on top of XP (as here) or maybe Spain UHD (if you stay reasonably high)

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Couple of great shots of the Spit! XPL11 gives MSFS a run for its money in that shot.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

This is weird. I do not doubt that you have a problem there. But, after watching your post, I took the Spit to EGUB, flew to the Thames above an overcast  (with some silly icing) and landed in London City. All smooth except for an  ever so slightly stutter on the very final approach because of my old rig, not the sim. I don't fly  with PG on with a 4770+1080 combo. I am no masochist.

That some of us have to give up flying the sim and some of us do not have any problem with stutterring is baffling..  

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

That some of us have to give up flying the sim and some of us do not have any problem with stutterring is baffling..

Certainly is weird, Dominique. From the sigs of some of the folk posting about it it doesn't even seem to relate to the level of hardware used any more than it is absolutely tied to specific locations (apart from that place in Texas). I definitely get it badly at many different locations in the sim, in fact there have been very few flights where it hasn't hit me at all. I'll keep using it but it's nice to feel I have an alternative for when it really gets too annoying to use.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.