Sign in to follow this  
pilotski

AAO, lost control

Hallo !

Have had the software a couple of weeks and assigned some buttons on X-Touch mini for the Cessna 152/172 and JF Arrow. Yesterday I had some problems with getting the JF Arrow Lvar Autopilot_onoff to get working. Tested and experimenting with scripting, without knowing how to do it and without success. No local variables in the Arrow seems to be possible to assign without script. Is it intentional ? In the previous version of AAO I have assigned a couple off them so I could for instans remove the Efb/Ipad in the Arrow. But when starting the sim and AAO today every assignment was gone. Where did they go ? To clearify, when trying "Apply other config to this aircraft", the Dialog box is empty, I reinstalled the 2.04 version and of course running everything as admin and AAO is connected to the sim.

Regards, Peter

Hello Peter,

that sounds like you may have accidentally broken the AAO database.

Assuming that you are talking about the MSFS version, then the database files are here:
C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\LORBY_SI\LorbyAxisAndOhsMSFS

The file with the aircraft configurations is this one: "ConfigDatabase_MSFS.xml". It has several backup copies, called ConfigDatabase_MSFS_n.xml, n being the numbers 1,2,3

Provided that you haven't tried opening it more than three times, you can revert back to a previous version of the database by renaming one of the _n files. back to "ConfigDatabase_MSFS.xml"

About the LVars: did you do "Scripting->Read LVars from sim"? You have to collect them first for your current airplane before you can assign them. In earlier versions AAo remembered the whole collection indefinitely, but the 2.04 doesn't do that anymore - there are just too many of those LVars - people would never find the ones they are looking for.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you for fast reply ! Of course I should have mentioned my sim is MSFS 2020 and I'm on Win 10 , sorry. Database found and restored, assignments visible though no buttons is working. The X-touch mini seems to lost connection to AAO. Reinstalled AAO ( 2.04 b43 ), unplugged/inplugged X-touch, restarted PC, Midi devices enabled in AAO.  No indications in Device manager that  any connected unit is failing.

Lvars; Scripting-Read Lvars from sim-Collecting..Collected. The question remains, No Lvars seems to be assignable, that means; "Add button assignment"-"Key down event"-double click any Lvar. "Key down event" still shows NONE ( none ). What am I doing wrong ? Tested most of the Lvars in JF arrow and Asobo 152/172. All other variables works as intended.

Regards, Peter

6 hours ago, pilotski said:

"Key down event" still shows NONE ( none ). What am I doing wrong ?

You are probably not doing anything wrong, that sounds more like a bug. I will look into it.

For the time being, please use scripts instead.

LORBY-SI

It seems that from now everything is working, even the Lvars ! I started over, removed the  2.03 version reminiscenses, xml:s backups and that stuff, reinstalled and that's it. It's not that hard to reassign when you are acquainted with the program as I am now. Don't know though what stopped the Lvars from being assigned. Now time for digging into the Hvars and the undocumented ones.....  The headline can be changed to ; AAO, got control  🙂

Cheers, Peter

Just now, pilotski said:

It seems that from now everything is working, even the Lvars ! I started over, removed the  2.03 version reminiscenses, xml:s backups and that stuff, reinstalled and that's it. It's not that hard to reassign when you are acquainted with the program as I am now. Don't know though what stopped the Lvars from being assigned. Now time for digging into the Hvars and the undocumented ones.....  The headline can be changed to ; AAO, got control  🙂

Cheers, Peter

Hello Peter,

no, there is definitely a bug in the 2.04 that causes exactly what you describe. LVars cannot be assigned to buttons directly, only with a script.

If you want, send me your proof of purchase (order number and shop) to the email address on the last page of the manual, and you can have the fixed version 2.05 b03 to check it out.

LORBY-SI