Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Pilot2ATC Controllers

I just viewed a few Pilot2ATC videos on YouTube from around 3 years ago. The Controllers sound very mechanical in comparison to default FSX ATC.

Do they sound any more human as of 2021? I just bought a headset and I am interested in the software. 

Also, does Pilot2ATC work with Flight1's Ultimate Traffic Live AI?

Thanks

Gary

I think you may be hearing the Microsoft suite of voices.  They're not very realistic. I use Ivona voices.  Expensive, but realistic.  Radio static can be introduced in either situation. There are also voices by ATT, Cepstral and others. I use UTL2 and it works fine with Pilot2ATC.  P2ATC has been my favorite atc over 13 years of simming.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Pilot2ATC does not come with any voices. It uses the Microsoft voices that come with Windows 7, 8, 10, They are the robotic sounding ones. You can add additional voices for free by adding other country's language packs. If you use English as your default language, other countries will speak English with they're native accent. If you want less robotic voices, you have to buy them.

9 hours ago, Mad_Mac said:

Pilot2ATC does not come with any voices. It uses the Microsoft voices that come with Windows 7, 8, 10, They are the robotic sounding ones. You can add additional voices for free by adding other country's language packs. If you use English as your default language, other countries will speak English with they're native accent. If you want less robotic voices, you have to buy them.

What vendors and what are the specific software packages names? I googled already and found text to speech packages but that doesn't sound right.

Thanks

That's correct--text to speech voices and voice packs--those are the ones you need.

That's correct--text to speech voices and voice packs--those are the ones you need.

Here's a place to start looking:

This shows how to get all the MS voices free and discusses some of the available payware voices, as well as what works and what doesn't.

7 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

What vendors and what are the specific software packages names?

Just as a heads up, CereProc has a promotion right now until April 6th - buy 2 voices and get 1 free (effectively a 33% discount). Note that there is currently an issue with their current version voices, but several users here have reported that the older V5 versions work fine with P2A. I contacted their customer support about this, and they told me they can provide me the V5 version of any voice I purchase, and that the new version that'll come out in a few months should resolve those issues (and a free upgrade will be provided).

I intend to buy at least 3 voices (and possibly 6 if they work well), and will report back once I can try them out.

Dirk