Sign in to follow this  
raptor1

Standard Cessna 172 suddenly missing in MSFS 2020

I flew the sim since the latest update with no problems a week ago flying the standard 172.

Started the sim a few minutes ago and my default 172 is missing.

Help! What can I do to fix this.

I have no addons or mods installed.

Thanks

48 minutes ago, raptor1 said:

Help! What can I do to fix this.

I would restart the sim, and if the C172 is still missing, see if it is available for download in your Content Manager.

Al

5 hours ago, raptor1 said:

How do I do that?

The default 172 is the G1000 version.

Go into content manager in your profile in game and look for the G1000 172 and see if it says "installed".

Just tried using the sim just now, and for some reason the standard 172 is  back and working again.

Beats me how this happened....!

My C-172 G1000 is nowhere to be found.  Went into my files (MSFS Recommended Content/Official/Steam) and it's there along with the classic C-172, but it's not in the sim.  And I can't get Content Manager to open.  It just stays greyed out while the white circle spins around.  

I wonder if it was caused by the latest update?

Any ideas?

I had that happen and it turned out to be the Wingman mods for the C152 and C172. Once I pulled them out it came back.

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)