Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

RXP Integration Of FSX Steam DLC Addon Aircraft

I own several aircraft I bought from the Steam DLC store.

At least two of them, the Cessna P210 Centurion and the Cessna C404 Titan are supposed to be RXP compatible. 

But whenever I try to install via the Panel Assistant it always causes CTD? Why would that happen? Because Steam sells the older versions? Or the fact those files are in a different folder and not the Sim Objects/Airplanes folder?

Does that mean that manually editing the the panels is the only work around? Would the RXP gauge files need to be in the Steam DLC/Aircraft/Gauges folder?

Surely others have encountered this.

Any advice guys?

Thanks

Gary

18 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

At least two of them, the Cessna P210 Centurion and the Cessna C404 Titan are supposed to be RXP compatible. 

Hi,

There is a great chance you'd need to first use the Carenado panel configuration tool first (are these Carenado?) and in this case, it will configure the panels most likely with the entries for our legacy GNS gauge file. From then, you can use the RXP GUI Panel Assistant to replace the legacy with the GNS V2 gauges, or, you can also make a copy of the new gauge file into the main gauge folder and rename the gauge file to the legacy gauge file name: rxpGNS.dll

If you search the forum for "Cessna Centurion" I'm certain you'll find useful posts about this.

As for the CTD, are you by any chance using a program like ReShade (or similar)?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

No. I don't know what Reshade is. I know just enough to install freeware planes and basic .cfg editing. Oh, and I can install .bgl files to scenery addon. I know what I need to know for FS.

The panel Assistant will crash FS if I try for a VC install on Steam DLC Store aircraft. I did go into the DLC folders. Two I have have the RXP.EXE 

Centurion 210 original Carenado.

And C404. Original Alabeo.

I ran the RXP. exe in each. Loaded flight sim. 

Visual model not available

I'm considering just adding pop up GNS. At least the default map screen will display the info.

It's sad that some amateurs do better. I have the Flight Port Soloy Cessna Turbines with 3D and RXP compatibility. Work perfect. They could sell that software.

4 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I ran the RXP. exe in each.

I'm not sure to understanding what this is about?!

Can you please explain further what is RXP.exe ?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

3 minutes ago, RXP said:

I'm not sure to understanding what this is about?!

Can you please explain further what is RXP.exe ?

Some Carenado aircraft come with an RXP GNS... exe file that installs the RXP gauge into the panel.

Bert

@Bert Pieke thank you for the clarification, I was not sure the post was about the RXP Legacy GNS config tool.

@Gary1124 If this is correct, and I understand correctly, what you're saying is that when using the Carenado Configuration tool in order to change the Carenado panel with RXP GPS, the Carenado tool is causing a CTD?

7 minutes ago, RXP said:

If this is correct, and I understand correctly, what you're saying is that when using the Carenado Configuration tool in order to change the Carenado panel with RXP GPS, the Carenado tool is causing a CTD?

That is not what I am reading..

The Carenado exe is run before starting the sim. And the OP mentions running that.

When he then uses the rxp panel assistant, he crashes the sim.

I would suggest editing the panel.cfg file to the new RXP GNS names... that should do it.  Also a question... would creating a copy of the RXPGNS2 dll and naming it RXPGNS dll, not solve this problem?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

7 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I would suggest editing the panel.cfg file to the new RXP GNS names... that should do it.  Also a question... would creating a copy of the RXPGNS2 dll and naming it RXPGNS dll, not solve this problem?

Yes this would work as well, provided you also use the RXP GNS Settings Panel to also enable "Legacy L:vars" (in case Carenado aircraft is relying on these legacy L:vars).

@Gary1124 If Bert is correctly understanding your post, it would require you also give more details about the CTD itself so as to help determining the root cause, and eventually a solution. Can you please try the following application and report the content of the FSX-SE crash data (if there are many, please make sure to locate the one(s) related to the time you were encountering the CTD when using the assistant):

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Edited by RXP

It just freezes the sim. It doesn't necessarily CTD. Just renders the plane I'm working on useless until I use panel Assistant to change it back.

If a publisher is going to make a third party installation file then they should include all the panel.cfg changes needed to the point that as long as the user has the gauges on file it will work with nothing more to do.

I never know when I run an RXP Config if I still need to use panel assistant or not. I think A2A does it all since their November fleet update. Bonanza and Commanche easiest GTN mod I ever did.

I wish every Publisher were like A2A. Pilots, Simmers, and Coders working together

The high cost is worth the operating value. 

7 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

If a publisher is going to make a third party installation file then they should include all the panel.cfg changes needed to the point that as long as the user has the gauges on file it will work with nothing more to do.

I agree with you, but unfortunately Carenado has not updated their old planes to call the new RXP V2 gauges which have changed their names.

Try this workaround... in the FSX\Gauges folder, find the rxpGNS2.dll gauge.

Make a copy of it in the folder and call it rxpGNS.dll.

Carenado will look for the rxpGNS gauge and find it.  Try it and let us know!

• Like 1

Bert

59 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

Mostly eye candy.

A2A is in a different league for sure, but there are some nice Carenado planes that I fly often..  F33, C421, Seminole, Phenom 300..

• Like 1

Bert