Sign in to follow this  
lordonion

Carenado Big Sale

'Big Sale for Only 11 Days' at https://www.carenado.com

It's not overly obvious from the site - the reductions are not initially shown, but if you add an item to your basket it then gives you the discount. e.g.P3D Saab 340 reduced from $44.95 to $22.48.

As someone who's started getting into X-Plane while MSFS is a disaster area are there any must-haves in the sale ?

I'm wondering about the PC-12 w/ Simcoder REP ?

4 hours ago, Matchstick said:

As someone who's started getting into X-Plane while MSFS is a disaster area are there any must-haves in the sale ?

Depends on what sort of flying you want to do of course but the regional airliners represents good value in the sale. I have the F50 and Saab 340 turboprops which are both nice.

In general aviation I have the B58 Baron and 550 citation, I’ve been very impressed by both of these especially for the price in the sales. I’ve flown both of these aircraft in real life and they’re good representations of their counterparts characteristics and ambiance.

I bought the REP for the baron I liked it so much ,but to be honest I don’t think it needed it,  the standard model is Good as it is.

The Carenado stuff was (no longer sadly) converted into XP by Thranda design who are really good developers so the xp versions are usually superior and more polished  to their P3D equivalent.

personally I think I’m going to grab the Dornier 228, I have that in P3D and it flies well and has a great traditional IFR panel.

The usual caveat applies I guess to Carenado stuff that if you’re after exact systems and failure simulation then you need to look elsewhere and pay considerably more. For day to day flying however  these models in XP represent great value at their normal price in my opinion , and so in the sale they’re even more interesting.

Edited by jon b
  • Like 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

1 hour ago, jon b said:

Depends on what sort of flying you want to do of course but the regional airliners represents good value in the sale. I have the F50 and Saab 340 turboprops which are both nice.

Thanks for that - I don't have anything like the 340 for F50 so one of those seems the way to go, now I just have to decide which (leaning towards the Saab, but....) 🙂

Personal preference both are good, especially for the price. Of course if you particularly like the Saab, or find you do after flying the Carenado 340 then there’s the leading edge simulations version which is more hard core, but it’s $50 

I fly in VR so personally I like looking over my shoulder and seeing the high wing and prop disk on the F50.

• Like 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, jon b said:

Personal preference both are good, especially for the price. Of course if you particularly like the Saab, or find you do after flying the Carenado 340 then there’s the leading edge simulations version which is more hard core, but it’s $50 

I fly in VR so personally I like looking over my shoulder and seeing the high wing and prop disk on the F50.

Same and Carenado aircraft are simply gorgeous in VR!

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

So, Carenado aircraft don't work with P3Dv5? Am I reading their site correctly? That's too bad because that's quite a discount.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

38 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

So, Carenado aircraft don't work with P3Dv5? Am I reading their site correctly? That's too bad because that's quite a discount.

I have 4 aircraft loaded and they all work perfectly. You have to choose v4 and then manually scroll the v5 directory.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, FPStewy said:

I have 4 aircraft loaded and they all work perfectly

Does it include the Saab 340?

47 minutes ago, Rafal said:

Does it include the Saab 340?

yes

• Like 1

Felix

I have 11 Carenado planes in my basket so far, what a wonderful time to be an FSX owner.

Grabbing absolute gems for pennies these days!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

9 hours ago, jon b said:

personally I think I’m going to grab the Dornier 228

I find the DO228 the best Carenado plane I bought for X-plane 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peroni said:

I find the DO228 the best Carenado plane I bought for X-plane 

That’s good to know thanks.

i bought I earlier this afternoon, just did a couple of quick flights, one at night and I like it so far.

I like looking over the long nose from the flight deck in VR 🙂

787 captain.  

12 hours ago, lordonion said:

'Big Sale for Only 11 Days' at https://www.carenado.com

It's not overly obvious from the site - the reductions are not initially shown, but if you add an item to your basket it then gives you the discount. e.g.P3D Saab 340 reduced from $44.95 to $22.48.

NOT on sale but very highly recommended by me is the Aerobask Phenom 300. 

Also (Carenado) is the Phenom 100 but nowhere near as good as the Aerobask and I would also look at the Premier 1A, also Carenado for a simple but good looking aircraft.

Look at the .org store they have quite a few on special at the moment.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.