Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Heck of a parking job.😄

• Like 1

NAX669.png

Hate to say this but GPU`s prices just went up another 30%.🤑 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

And gasoline/petrol prices will be next.

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Might as well use a bucket and spade:

WALMDEM.jpg

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Does @KL791 ship traffic freeware model this behavior?

• Like 1

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Why does the Sky reporter keep referring to the ships as the Ever Given when plastered down the side of the thing in letters each as big as a 3 story house is EVERGREEN?

Maybe it's time for him to go visit SpecSavers!

14 minutes ago, philmurfin said:

Why does the Sky reporter keep referring to the ships as the Ever Given when plastered down the side of the thing in letters each as big as a 3 story house is EVERGREEN?

Maybe it's time for him to go visit SpecSavers!

The name of the ship is Ever Given - not Evergreen.

evergreen is the name of the operator.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ever_Given

Edited by flightskyc

Whoa. That captain probably have had better days in the office.. :wacko:

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

19 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Hate to say this but GPU`s prices just went up another 30%.🤑 

Possibly more than that. It costs approximately 120,000 Dollars to traverse the canal in something of that size, and it takes about16 hours to do it. If you go around instead you don't pay that fee of course, but doing so adds about 20 extra days to the trip, and approximately another 350,000 Dollars to the cost of the journey when factoring in additional leasing time for the ship, fuel and so on.

Something like that Ever Given bulk carrier uses around ten grand's worth of fuel a day and costs about ten grand per day to lease for a trip too, so even just sitting there doing nothing is costing a fortune for it, as well as for every other ship waiting to get through.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Something like that Ever Given bulk carrier uses around ten grand's worth of fuel a day and costs about ten grand per day to lease for a trip too, so even just sitting there doing nothing is costing a fortune for it, as well as for every other ship waiting to get through.

Yeah, well you install solar panels, use the electrons to make hydrogen from the sea water and dump it in a fuel cell. Bob's your uncle, I have saved the world! 👍

I'm kidding of course but hydrogen powered cargo ships is a thing, and yes, there is an experimental ship that makes its own hydrogen for a fuel cell. It did a round the planet tour. 

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/self-fuelled-hydrogen-boat-begins-6-year-round-the-world-trip/

Solar Powered Catamaran

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Possibly more than that. It costs approximately 120,000 Dollars to traverse the canal in something of that size, and it takes about16 hours to do it. If you go around instead you don't pay that fee of course, but doing so adds about 20 extra days to the trip, and approximately another 350,000 Dollars to the cost of the journey when factoring in additional leasing time for the ship, fuel and so on.

The press has come out today and said toilet rolls could be in short supply due to this 😁 so you can expect panic buying again.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg