Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

Carenado's huge sale. Anything I need to have?

Hi all, 

Carenado is doing a pretty massive P3D aircraft sale - saw it both on JustFlight and their own site. I already picked up their Skywagon Bush plane and the S360 (which is pretty cool - just did a flight with it)... Any particular standouts in your mind on what else I should pick up? 

Take a look at their jets, especially the S550.  Amazing price for that aircraft.

• Like 1

Beech D18. Great fun and pretty too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just for fun I'm thinking of getting the ATR 72 but it says that they have RXP GTN integration, does anyone know if it actually replaces the FMS ? does anyone have a pic of it.

Also if I were to pic one Carenado plane that I do like it would be the PA-31 Navajo or Chieftain. the Navajo for $11 is quite worth it. I fly that plane all the time and it's quite nice.

Edited by FPStewy

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

Take a look at their jets, especially the S550.  Amazing price for that aircraft.

What about Phenom 300?

How are the B120 and Saab?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

39 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

What about Phenom 300?

During the day it's ok  but the night lighting just put me off from flying it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

What about Phenom 300?

That’a a good one also with Mr. Pieke’s mod and the GTN750. 

Bought the Phenom 300... Also... I bought the Navigraph expansion and it still says AIRAC is out of date. I already had the FMS Data Manager download the "All Carenado products" AIRAC before installing the aircraft. Do I need to re-run that? 

Edited by BostonJeremy77

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

That’a a good one also with Mr. Pieke’s mod and the GTN750. 

Where can I get that?????? (urgently, as quickly as possible and right now LOL) Bert does a fantastic job but I was unaware his modified panel config was in the public domain.

Please point me to it LOL

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Please point me to it LOL

You need to direct message Mr. Pieke.  @Bert Pieke

He'll send it to your e-mail address.

Which Carenados have great performance AND are good planes to fly? Looking for some recs, i find a lot of the glass cockpit carenados are performance-heavy.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

Which Carenados have great performance AND are good planes to fly?

The S550, paired with the GTN750, is the best out-of-the-box Carenado experience IMHO.  It just works.  Be warned, the jet is slow compared to their other jet offerings.

Edited by Greggy_D
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Shomron said:

How are the B120 and Saab?

About the same as the ATRs.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Does the ATR-72 work in P3dv5?

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot