Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

Carenado's huge sale. Anything I need to have?

42 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Does the ATR-72 work in P3dv5?

Cheers, Pete

They all do. All of Carenado's stuff works on v5. 

I picked up the Dassault Falcon FA50-EX, Beech D-18S (that one is MAGIC), 185F Skywagon Bush, Embraer Phenom 300, and Short S360! 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I picked up the Dassault Falcon FA50-EX, Beech D-18S (that one is MAGIC), 185F Skywagon Bush, Embraer Phenom 300, and Short S360! 

Cool, gonna grab the ATR-72 since I always had a thing for ATR’s..

Cheers, Pete

• Like 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

9 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

What about Phenom 300?

I like their Phenom 300 with Bert Pieke's GTN750 mod.

I don't use the "navigraph expansion" for it.  A lot of people said it was buggy, so I didn't bother with that.

It's a good small jet and it has better range than the Lear25/35.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

3 hours ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

No they don't. I have the Carenado F50 and AC500 Shrike. Neither will work in P3DV5. They install and load up and then refuse to display critical textures or model parts. Been back forth with Carenado about this for ages - they could not resolve the problem other than it is V5. Refund was offered. I guess that is my experience unless somebody else has different. Shame because I like a few of their models but not if they do not work in V5. 

• Like 1

I think the problem may be yours. They both work perfectly well in P3D v5 here.

• Like 1

I'm looking at the phenom 300.  Is the navigraph extension option only for people who don't have a full subscription to navigraph?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

I'm looking at the phenom 300.  Is the navigraph extension option only for people who don't have a full subscription to navigraph?

No, I believe the only way to upgrade the Navigraph data is by buying the expansion... But also, I have bought it and still haven't been able to update my AIRAC no matter what I tried. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

No, I believe the only way to upgrade the Navigraph data is by buying the expansion... But also, I have bought it and still haven't been able to update my AIRAC no matter what I tried. 

so I upgraded it.  I ran the installer and selected V4 (even though I'm running V5).  then pointed installer to my p3dv5 directory.  Let it complete.  then ran navigraph and updated the airac.  Checked in my aircraft and it installed just fine. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, Reader said:

I think the problem may be yours. They both work perfectly well in P3D v5 here.

Go read the Carenado Facebook page. Many comments about Carenado planes crashing P3D v5 etc. They haven't even bothered to update the installers, let alone make changes to the actual planes to make them fully P3D v5 compatible. There's a patch you can run to make some of the nav stuff work, but that's it. 

Have they tested these planes in v5 themselves? No evidence that they've spent time on this.

Do they claim in the store pages that the planes are v5 compatible? No.

Can you make Carenado planes work in sims they weren't really designed for? Yes, but I would not recommend it! 🙂

I'm sure that plenty of their planes more or less work in P3D v5, but I'd have a lot more confidence in my purchases if they would test them properly and spend the time to make them genuinely P3D v5 compliant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Here's some comments from the Carenado Facebook page where they claim that all their planes work in v5: (have been doing about a of pre-purchase research today)

- There are many problems with most of the P3D aircraft.

- Some work, some don't at all and crash my entire system when installed.

- When will the new installers be out Carenado? Very few of my aircraft work even installing them as you guided in this post.

- I bought the B120 based on your official Carenado guidance that ALL aircraft would work in V5. It loads, but the performance is terrible and it is unusable. I am extremely annoyed that I have spent £40 on something that is simply not fit for purpose

- I won’t buy svs for my Malibu until I know it works on P3d v5. So far, silence

- ATR42 and ATR72 not installed correctly on P3Dv5 and crash the system after few minutes

- It seems that B1900D old cockpit textures are not supported by P3D5 (but OK with P3D4...). Exterior is OK.

- i confirm that the C210 and B18 and TBM are not working on P3dv5 !!!

- Seneca V doesn't work. No cockpit and mixture moves back to idle cutoff

Link: https://www.facebook.com/Carenado/posts/carenado-and-p3d-v5-compatibilityall-our-aircraft-are-compatible-with-the-new-p3/2889362697807192/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These comments are from a while back now, no idea if compatibility and stability have improved. Would be good to hear more from actual users on Avsim who have plenty of flight hours in these planes in v5 - I suspect problems are likely model-specific.

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I love the Phenom300 great looking plane with large glass panels easy to see everything. I bought the carenado one after having the chance to sit in a real one, cockpit and cabin area, what a beautiful aircraft inside and out.

Edited by TurboKen
  • Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Yeah, don't get the Navigraph extension for the Phenom. All it really does is break the flight planner.  As with most Carenado products, it's very pretty. Flies pretty well. The avionics are bad. 

The Premier 1a is decent. They seem to have spent a little more time on the avionics - probably because Premier1Driver is popular and they knew people would want to replicate his videos. Seems a little underpowered but you can edit the configs for that. FMC is a little wonky but (mostly) works. It has a fuel shutoff bug that sometimes requires you to load a different plane and set the tanks to "both" or you can't get one of the engines started from cold and dark (or just auto-start them if you don't feel like doing the workaround). And you'll need FSUIPC because it has both a spoiler switch and a lift-dump switch, and lift-dump needs to be mapped to buttons but P3d can't handle that internally. Other than those mild complaints, it's one of the better jets they offer.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, eslader said:

Yeah, don't get the Navigraph extension for the Phenom. All it really does is break the flight planner.  As with most Carenado products, it's very pretty. Flies pretty well. The avionics are bad. 

The Premier 1a is decent. They seem to have spent a little more time on the avionics - probably because Premier1Driver is popular and they knew people would want to replicate his videos. Seems a little underpowered but you can edit the configs for that. FMC is a little wonky but (mostly) works. It has a fuel shutoff bug that sometimes requires you to load a different plane and set the tanks to "both" or you can't get one of the engines started from cold and dark (or just auto-start them if you don't feel like doing the workaround). And you'll need FSUIPC because it has both a spoiler switch and a lift-dump switch, and lift-dump needs to be mapped to buttons but P3d can't handle that internally. Other than those mild complaints, it's one of the better jets they offer.

thanks for the reply.  I guess the confusing thing about not needing navigraph for the phenom I would have is vatsim ops.  If I were to get an amended STAR on arrival, or some other change.  Would I be able to make those changes on the fly if I remove the extension?

You often won't be able to make them on the fly if you have it, because one of the things it breaks is the ability to load the flight plan you have set via the p3d flight planner. And since it already lacks the ability to coherently enter or modify a flight plan with predictable results, the best way to make mid-flight changes is to pop into Simbrief, make a new flight plan specifying the STAR and landing runway, and load it into P3d. If you don't have the Navigraph extension the plane will automatically populate its flight plan with whatever you have loaded from P3d. If you have the extension, it won't, and on-the-fly changes are going to be difficult. Not entirely impossible, but hard because the same input procedure will yield varying results.

Honestly, there aren't many private/bizjets available for P3d that are capable of handling sids/stars and last-minute changes gracefully like the high-end airliner addons can. I'm actually not aware of one that can reliably do it. You can put the GTN750 into the Phenom, but then you're back to the frozen AIRAC cycle problem -- not that it will always be an issue, because it's not like every procedure / nav fix gets changed every cycle. But be ready to hand-fly them per published charts because trying to enter a STAR while in flight will probably break the flight planner.

Another option is to remember that you're in a private jet, not a 747. Don't land at the international airport, land at the executive airport a few miles away - the STAR procedure will probably be easier and will likely involve vectors after you pass the final arrival fix. And there's always the option that once you're low enough you can cancel and do a visual approach if the weather's good.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

so I upgraded it.  I ran the installer and selected V4 (even though I'm running V5).  then pointed installer to my p3dv5 directory.  Let it complete.  then ran navigraph and updated the airac.  Checked in my aircraft and it installed just fine. 

Did you have to manually select the mapping? Or did it detect it for you? I installed it via manual mapping BEFORE installing Carenado stuff. THEN I ran the update again. It's still on 2016. Gonna try to get rid of it and re-run the detector. 

I haven't had to play around much.  I didn't do anything with the mapping.  I did use the Navigraph FMS Database manager to reinstall the caranedo software after installing the plane.  The followed step 3 here to confirm my airac loaded properly.