Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Performance hotfix possibly arriving today

At a minimum, they should setup a standalone MSFS machine which can run automatic performance FPS tests any time code is checked in, thereby preventing these issues occurring again and again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

What/Where is 76T? The airport at Decatur, Texas? I can't imagine many simmers wanting to go there anyway.

Anyone that is curious about the fix actually working, will go there, you can bet on it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Are we taking bets on whether (following the precident set by the 10 deg "fix") Asobo have fixed the slowdown at 76T but not for any of the other regions that were identified as having the same problem ?

I have a default airport that I have flown out of since last Aug. Up until two weeks ago I never had any problems with it frame rates were great and no stutter. Now I cannot even take off without jerking plane around between slow frames and stuttering. 

That is where I will go first. If it is not fixed I know the problem persist.

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

If there's one thing that I've learned about these updates since the release date if the "game," is that they are unreliable. They are not anything worthy of looking forward to or anything that I need to get excited about. Thankfully I have two sims that I can rely on. For me, this "game" has been the biggest waste of time and money. I hope the developer gets its act together. These updates have become just tiresome!

Note to the reader of my post. Do NOT take this message personally. This post has nothing to do with you, but about the 'game."

End of rant. 😀

• Like 6

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Its great that we are promised a 'fix' for the recent ills, however, my concern from what has happened in the past with their updates is that they allegedly fix something, but then don't test it properly in such a way that: 

a) It fixed everything that was wrong in all the pertinent circumstances and situations

b) it has not broken something else

c) if it is found that it doesn't fix everything, tell us what is still wrong and when will that be fixed.

I would be happy to wait a few more days if we could be sure that this had been done properly. Otherwise the hotfix risks being worse than useless, and further erodes the patience and trust of a very professional and astute community, and an otherwise really great product.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

If there's one thing that I've learned about these updates since the release date if the "game," is that they are unreliable. They are not anything worthy of looking forward to or anything that I need to get excited about. Thankfully I have two sims that I can rely on. For me, this "game" has been the biggest waste of time and money. I hope the developer gets its act together. These updates have become just tiresome!

Note to the reader of my post. Do NOT take this message personally. This post has nothing to do with you, but about the 'game."

End of rant. 😀

Well said!

I no longer look forward to or rush to install the updates...

Chris Camp

6 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Well said!

I no longer look forward to or rush to install the updates...

I wish there was a way to avoid the updates. 

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

it's like I.T.

tell the client it'll be ludicrously expensive and delayed, then slowly work your way backward

soon we'll be over the moon to have something that looks as good and runs as smooth as it did on day 1 😁

• Like 1

All real Americans love Asobo updates! -General George (C. Scott) Patton

😁

videomoviespeechpatton.jpg

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Yes, same feeling here.

There are two things that have been sorely lacking from the start with MSFS.

1/ A good product management which knows how to prioritize the tasks according to the purpose of the product and not according to marketing choices or user votes.
A flight simulator must first ensure the basics that allow you to fly according to the rules: reliable avionics, decent flight dynamics, accurate weather environment, ATC, before even thinking about the color of the roofs in Brittany or Ouagadougou.

2/ A good QA management which knows how to isolate the problems and test the solutions provided, but also who is able to identify any bugs caused by these solutions.

My fear after almost a year (I was a beta tester) is that Asobo does not have the shoulders broad enough to support the workload of their ambitions.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Edited by David Roch
typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

My fear after almost a year (I was a beta tester) is that Asobo does not have the shoulders broad enough to support the workload of their ambitions.
I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

I know Asobo well enough and I can tell you that you are mistaken. You will see... 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

My fear after almost a year (I was a beta tester) is that Asobo does not have the shoulders broad enough to support the workload of their ambitions. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

6 minutes ago, guibru said:

I know Asobo well enough and I can tell you that you are mistaken. You will see... 🙂

Asobo sold a stake in the company a couple of months ago allowing it to bring on more employees. I don't think they will have any problems supporting MSFS.

Is it Tuesday somewhere?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I was telling this before and I'm telling this now. If Asobo will release beta builds for general public prior official release: they will save money, stress test their build, and expose all major bugs in few days!

P.S. After more than 20 years being as software engineer I can tell you the best testers are customers LOL

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI