Sign in to follow this  
Annolago

VRinsight Airbus MCP Combo with Linda 4.0.4

Hi

New guy on the block. I just purchased the FSUIPC in order to make my VRinsight FCU/MCU panel work in FS2020.
I am however a bit lost in how to get things started to be honest. The release notes states that only default MSFS library will be supported.
However I struggling with what that exactly means. So far I am only able to use the FMCU part of the panel - and only partly.
I must admit I had more working by using the old FSX driver/app called VRisim from VRinsight.

So can anyone that actually owns the panel explain how they made it work and with what limitations?
So something like - this layout for the EFIS part, that for the FMCU part and finally this for the radio part.
I tried recording some keys but had no luck in doing it. Or is that the limitation of the beta version?

Finally again answer from owners - on the radio display I can select radio frequencies with 2 decimals - but the radio now is running with 3 decimals. 
How did you get that to work?
Really hoping someone can help
Thanks..

Welcome to the LINDA community. 

LINDA uses a default or specific module for controlling aircraft along with a number of libraries. The notes refer to the MSFS Default Library (lib-msfs.lua and lib-msgs-extra.lua) and functions it provides. These functions are at present limited to the original FSX actions and do not provide full compatibility to many of the more advanced aircraft provided with MSFS2020. 

I have assigned a small number of functions for very basic operations to the VRi Combo default templates but are only useful for simple light aircraft like the C172. Users can add other functions from the library if they find useful. You will find that many of the EFIS and FCU buttons actions are not available. This situation will not change until MSFS make available access to local variables (Lvars) via FSUIPC7. This is why LINDA 4.x has been released as a BETA. Earlier versions of LINDA for P3D are fully capable.

LINDA and most Flt Sim hardware is limited to 2 decimal places for radio frequencies. This is also the case for on line communities like VATSIM. There is nothing I can do about it.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi Andrew
Sorry for the delayed reply. Thanks - I do understand the issue, but I had hoped that I would at least get a better function than the faaaarr to old VRi driver - but that still seems to be the best one so far. I am mainly (read only) interested in the setup for what the FCU/MCU was created for - namely as a panel for the Airbus family.
With the original VRi driver/app I get speed. heading, Altitude, V/S, radio control and a number of pre programmed functions for wheel up and down etc.

With Linda I have only been able to get Alt and V/S. Speed and the rest is not working. Have tried all the preloaded setups. Hence my question if someone have been able to create a working setup that gives us more than what seems to be currently working, 
Really hope someone can help making this work

21 hours ago, Annolago said:

Hence my question if someone have been able to create a working setup that gives us more than what seems to be currently working, 

Hi Annolago,

I have a Vrinsight MCP1 and something I was able to configure such as switching from Select to Managed for:
- Altitude
- Speed

- Heading
Pressing the rotor button "Managed mode" is enabled instead pressing the white button "Selected mode" is enabled and then you can adjust the values with the rotor button.
The Baro also works fine and I have assigned the light switches (Beacon, Strobo etc) to the buttons above the radio display.
I know, it's not much but unfortunately I believe that many SIM variables are not yet accessible from FSUIPC7.
I also believe that the registered version of FSUIPC7 is required to work correctly to work fully with Linda and VrInsight device.

Hi Grigna
Thanks for the reply. I do have a registered version of FSUIPC/ - so that is not the issue. I just think/hope that all that uses the VRinsight panels would be interested in sharing what they have programmed so far. If everyone post what they have, we may be able to create a decent working version with many or hopefully most of the needed functions working. 
There is absolutely no reason for everyone to invent the deep dish all over again and again. At least I don't think so. 
However with the amount of time passed since the release of both X-plane 11 and FS2020 and still there seems to be nothing to share. 
I mean even the beta testers must have been able to make something work for it to be placed on the supported products list. 

Don't get me wrong, not trying to just rip off other peoples hard work, but the easier it is to get things to work, the more members there will be in the global world of flight simmers..
So, please share if you have something... (Please read - this does not extend to Covid and other nasty stuff - only templates.. ;-)

LINDA is released as freeware and is open to everyone to study and modify. This benefits all users. There are issues accessing all data with MSFS2020 and I await changes that will allow FSUIPC7 to feed LINDA. Those wishing to contribute to new aircraft then there is a donation link provided.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I mostly fly the new fbw a320 standalone, experimental version ( fantastic autopilot btw, rock solid) but this new version I believe is using Lvars for most rotaries.

I am unable to control any rotaries except baro and the altitude ( strangely enough is uses the LINDA default ALT plus and minus).

Does anyone know of a workaround for controlling the speed, hdg, v/s, crs?

The console shows no activity when turning those knobs.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:29 AM, Annolago said:

So, please share if you have something... (Please read - this does not extend to Covid and other nasty stuff - only templates.. 😉

Hi Annolago,
I also fly with the A320nx FBW and wanted to use my MCP VRInsight (first type) to command at least the most important rotaries.
To do this I used LUA going to insert these six functions in the user.lua file that allow you to do this:

- Pressing the SPD rotatry activates the MANAGED Speed mode
- By pressing the SPD white button I simulate PULL and the SELECTED mode is activated.
The other four functions do the same thing for HDG and ALT.
You have to bind this function to button using LINDA GUI. (I'm not able to post a PC screen)

Now I am doing some tests on the V/S rotaty but there it becomes complicated to perform more functions together and I still have to understand how to manage them correctly.

function  Engage_Managed_Speed_Mode ()
   -- PUSH SPEED KNOB
     ipc.control("68066", 2)
    com.write(dev, "SPD" .. "---", 😎
end

function  Engage_Selected_Air_Speed_Mode ()
    -- PULL SPEED  KNOB
     ipc.control("68066", 1)
    n=round(ipc.readUW(0x07E2))
    com.write(dev, "SPD" ..  DspNum(n), 😎
end

function  Engage_Managed_Heading_Mode ()
    -- PUSH HDG  KNOB
     ipc.control("68065", 2)
    com.write(dev, "HDG" .. "---", 😎
end

function Engage_Selected_Heading_Mode ()
    -- PULL HDG  KNOB
     ipc.control("68065", 1)
     ipc.sleep(150)
     n = getHDGValue()
     com.write(dev, "HDG" .. DspNum(n), 😎
end

function  Engage_Managed_Altitude_Mode ()
    -- PUSH ALT  KNOB
     ipc.control("68067", 2)
end

function Engage_Selected_Altitude_Mode ()
    -- PULL ALT  KNOB
     ipc.control("68067", 1)
end

1153854A4D42E50124BC07

Oops, editor changed end of line!

Instead off FACE, write number "8" then ")" without ""

Thanks Grigna,

Unfortunately, I could not get it to work.

I was able to add the function into LINDA but nothing happens when I click on it.

I am trying to learn Axis and Ohs as Guenseli has gotten some of the FBW functions to work.

I think the new FBW airbus uses Hvars (over my head).

It would be great if we could get those functions to work in LINDA.

Thanks again for the help.

@Grigna Thank you for your code this is what I was looking for and have no skills to do code myself. However only SPD is working as intended while HDG and ALT managed/selected modes doesn't work with the latest FBW 32nx. But I guess this is because they have done some extreme modifications on FBW side. But at least the spd/hdg/alt rotaries are working also  (although a bit slow) this is a step forward.

On 4/21/2021 at 9:34 AM, Edroc said:

However only SPD is working as intended while HDG and ALT managed/selected modes doesn't work with the latest FBW 32nx.

Very strange, I have tried now with the FBW A320nx rel. 0.6.1 and the MCP works as expected.

What version of FSUIPC are you using? Freeware or registered?

You must use the registered/paid version of FSUIPC7 7.1.0.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Grigna
Thanks, but which user.lua are you referring to? There are two in the Linda folder - one is in the \aircrafts\MSFS default  and the other is in \Data\templates

Sorry about the long response time, but have been playing around with X-plane 11 in the mean time as the lack of complete navigation making the plane skipping waypoints or jumping them is driving me crazy.. Still want it to work anyway as I am sure it will eventually be fixed..

Edited by Annolago