Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 25th, 2021 - Development Update

Just my opinion, but I doubt they would delay the world updates while fixes are needed in other areas. From a public relations standpoint, it's better to keep feeding the customers things that work and get people excited like scenery updates, while the problems under the hood are being worked on. 

If they paused world updates, there would be nothing but problems in the flight modeling and scenery generation for customers to talk about. Not good, from Asobo's perspective. 🙂

• Like 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

The problem with the world updates though is that they never are restricted to just what they should be.  The USA update introduced spikes all over the world.  The UK updates messed with flaps.  Why?

At the very least they need to do more quality control.  Thy know this.  They've said they have too many open branches of code and too many different versions.  I think they just get lost and this Covid situation is not helping.

I really hope, for their sake, that this patch quiets down the loudest complainers.

Edited by sightseer
  • Like 2

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

19 hours ago, Denwagg said:

Sounds to me like they have not fixed the issues. Sound like they are fishing.

Hmm.   Judging by the hotfix thread, it would seem, at the moment, that you were wrong.  😁

Edited by kaosfere
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Paraffin said:

Not good, from Asobo's perspective. 🙂

I believe it is we, the simmers, the users, the customers, whose perspective really counts.

I am with the guys and girls who want/would like the core fixed whilst we "put up" with a temporary and  already brilliant (or some) world graphics/scenery.

Whilst simmers are unhappy with the core, the graphics most certainly take a back seat anyway.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

16 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

Hmm.   Judging by the hotfix thread, it would seem, at the moment, that you were wrong.  😁

Looks like I was dead wrong. But being the eternal pessimist that I am. I hope I am wrong in the future. Perhaps Ill shut my trap. May be people like me are need to get people off their butts and get things done. Cheers to Asobo and their efforts.

Regards

• Like 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Nope bad stutters on approach to ksan. thought it was a fluke. got on here and saw i am not alone. The sim has seen its better days

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

Mine redownloaded the same that was already installed, and has done nothing to upgrade that since.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

There are SOME airports where I guess the old issue is still showing up (or maybe a separate issue combining), whatever it is. That said, there are plenty of flights to do with ok performance, though I know some are real pilots that only want to fly where they fly in real life (understandable). That said, I'm happy with the performance thus far, but I haven't had a chance to do that many flights, but I did do some airport hopping for a bit.

I flew into Billings - MT, some regional airports near SLC, and several larger regionals on the east coast, no problems thus far. I'll try some bigger cities later.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I'm late to the party here but those screenshots are amazing and testimont to an amazing simulator experience.

On 3/27/2021 at 4:10 AM, Paraffin said:

Just my opinion, but I doubt they would delay the world updates while fixes are needed in other areas. From a public relations standpoint, it's better to keep feeding the customers things that work and get people excited like scenery updates, while the problems under the hood are being worked on. 

If they paused world updates, there would be nothing but problems in the flight modeling and scenery generation for customers to talk about. Not good, from Asobo's perspective. 🙂

Yes, there's a basic difference between MSFS on one hand and X-plane/P3d on the other.  The latter two are niche applications that are tied in to more expensive products for aviation industry applications.  MSFS is a mass-market consumer product.

Guess which of the two paths is going to prioritise core functionality and which is going to prioritise new content?

• Like 1