Sign in to follow this  
BWBriscoe

Envtex uninstall

I purchased Envtex and Envshade but haven't really liked using them and saw a performance hit so wanted to uninstall.

I followed the uninstall instructions (restore through Envdir and then uninstall each program using Windows remove programs).

However, my system does still seem a little sluggish, Envtex is still in my scenery library (although greyed out so I can't add/remove or move) and there's still a folder in Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons.

How do I make certain that I've removed it all and restored it to a state pre-envshade and envtex? I've now also uninstalled Envdir.

Thanks

Edited by BWBriscoe

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz  
64.0 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

If you uninstalled it then you can delete the folder in the add-on folder. If you think you shaders are still messed up then just run a repair on the P3D client. If your system is still sluggish after all this, then it wasn’t Envtex/Envshade.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, BWBriscoe said:

How do I make certain that I've removed it all and restored it to a state pre-envshade and envtex? I've now also uninstalled Envdir.

There was some files still left over when i uninstall it, can't remember the exact location,   ...  C\:program Files (86)  or in , maybe  C\: ... \users\ AppData\ Roaming...  under the name Toga or Simarket.. sorry can't be more helpful than that.

regards bob

The TOGA programs seem to leave junk in multiple places across the computer. I'd love to see a thorough description of how to fully uninstall this program. My approach was just to search for "TOGA" after uninstalling, and then delete this folders. Still not sure I got the lot.

I would not recommend that people try these Addons until the devs sort out a proper way of uninstalling the programs, which can unfortunately negatively impact sim function and performance.

Edit: I thought I has fully uninstalled this and had cleaned up the remaining files, but just found another folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TOGA_projects

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

23 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I would not recommend that people try these Addons until the devs sort out a proper way of uninstalling the programs, which can unfortunately negatively impact sim function and performance.

+1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

2 hours ago, Wise87 said:

If you uninstalled it then you can delete the folder in the add-on folder. If you think you shaders are still messed up then just run a repair on the P3D client. If your system is still sluggish after all this, then it wasn’t Envtex/Envshade.

How do I repair the client? What impact will this have on add ons, settings etc?

64.0 GB RAM

10 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

How do I repair the client? What impact will this have on add ons, settings etc?

References v4 but works just fine with v5.

Use the Repair option rather uninstall.

Hope this helps

Edited by Tokitaumelie

Thanks for this. Do I just use the Repair option on Client and Content?

Will it affect any addons I have installed?

Thanks

64.0 GB RAM

7 hours ago, BWBriscoe said:

Thanks for this. Do I just use the Repair option on Client and Content?

Will it affect any addons I have installed?

Thanks

Hi

On the same page:

"Note: Completing a Content Update will possible overwrite files like effects, Simobjects, sounds and textures that have been Modified by 3rd Party Software (Add On's) "

There will be some effect but probably not worse than a full-reinstall given you need to restore default shaders/textures etc.

Relevant thread here:

Hope this helps

Edited by Tokitaumelie