Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

JF PA-28 update is out ( 0.3 )

2 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I just fixed it.  I checked a few other threads and found the solution.  For me, the APU start toggle switch on my warthog throttle was causing the bug.  I switched it off, and voila, it works!

I always use the mouse wheel. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anyone knows when it will come to the MSFS marketplace? Add-ons are overall lot cheaper there for me thanks to regional pricing.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

59 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

What is this 10 degree heading bug. I never see that. If ATC tells me to fly a heading of 167 after takeoff, I set the heading indicator for 167 and that is where the AP goes. 

If you have any "always on" switches (like Honeycomb yoke has) the heading bug will only move in 10 degree increments. Affects all aircraft and has since release. 

Eddie
KABQ

Did anyone try update? I downloaded and now can't start airplane! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Check fuel quantity

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, haskell said:

If you have any "always on" switches (like Honeycomb yoke has) the heading bug will only move in 10 degree increments. Affects all aircraft and has since release. 

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand: does it mean I can get around the issue by deactivating the switch/knob on my Honeycomb Bravo?

I had an odd behaviour when switching on the AP.

I departed and had the heading bug adjusted to runway heading. After take off I switched on the AP. Just the AP, not heading hold. The Arrow made a sharp right turn to the right. I switched the AP off and then tried again when I was at altitude. The aircraft again made a sharp turn some 90 degrees to the right and then leveled wings. From there the AP worked.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

14 minutes ago, kaha said:

Check fuel quantity

Karl

That would be super embarrassing reason for me LOL No, I had full tanks!

It appears to be was some kind of problem with previous state saving. I had to reset aircraft completely, restarted sim and now it works! Problem solved!

Yup, wouldn't start for me either until I reset it, but is now okay.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yup, wouldn't start for me either until I reset it, but is now okay.

Feels like heaven JF patch and Asobo patch at the same time! 🙂

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Turpentine said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand: does it mean I can get around the issue by deactivating the switch/knob on my Honeycomb Bravo?

You should be able to. I am not using any of the on/off switches (just the hat switch and pushbuttons on yoke) and the HDG bug moves in 1 degree increments. 

• Like 1

Eddie
KABQ

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Check your fuel tank

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Check your fuel tank

I already posted above the problem was state saving.

P.S. Just to be clear I have never ever ( knock knock knock)  taken off without checking fuel tanks in sim or RL 😄 Well I might have messed up with AUX tanks but it's a different story! 🤣

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I already posted above the problem was state saving.

P.S. Just to be clear I have never ever ( knock knock knock)  taken off without checking fuel tanks in sim or RL 😄 Well I might have messed up with AUX tanks but it's a different story! 🤣

Yeah, I was out for awhile, got back and was reading down  the thread where it was when I left awhile ago. After I posted that I saw you solved the problem. 

I used to stick my finger in the fuel tank and smell it, making sure it was gasoline and not Jet A.

Edited by Bobsk8

Couple of issues I've run into:

• Haven't been able to figure out why, but about 50% of the time Altitude hold cause the aircraft to "jitter" - very small movements up and down. Only way to stop it is to disengage, change altitudes, retrim, and try again. Seems to be tied to the yoke, that's also jittering.
  • Com and nav instrument lights are totally broken - switch them on and they go immediately off.
  • Prop flashing is definitely back. Driving me nuts.