Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

JF PA-28 update is out ( 0.3 )

20 minutes ago, somiller said:

Flap extension should elicit a pitch-nose-down moment in this aircraft.

I haven't seen any aircraft in MSFS with pitch down so far. SDK limitation or FM I dunno

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, somiller said:

Flap extension should elicit a pitch-nose-down moment in this aircraft.

Really? PA28s I've flown in the real world have always exhibited the reverse, a marked balloon pitch up tendency when the flaps are put out, which you learn to instantly counteract by holding forward pressure on the yoke before you trim it out. I've only flown Warriors and not Arrows though so don't know if this makes a difference, but they share the same wing.

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

6 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Really? PA28s I've flown in the real world have always exhibited the reverse, a marked balloon pitch up tendency when the flaps are put out, which you learn to instantly counteract by holding forward pressure on the yoke before you trim it out. I've only flown Warriors and not Arrows though so don't know if this makes a difference, but they share the same wing.

Model to model is different, some PA28 pitch down some pitch up when flaps deployed . Archer pitch up, Cruiser pitch down and so in. 

• Like 1

Did a flight last night from KSJC to KSBA via VORs and noticed that I couldn't get the VOR1 needle to respond to changes on the heading knob.  Had the right frequency, and DME was picking it up.  TO / FROM indicator was working based on heading set, but no needle swings L or R or centering as you narrowed in on the heading.  VOR2 / NAV2 were working fine.  I have the HSI bug (via the settings screed) active.  Does that disable the NAV1 / VOR 1 for typical VOR to VOR operation and relegate it to Approach tracking?  Haven't tried to duplicate it somewhere else yet, but was wondering if that is intended, and I was using them wrong. Seemed to me NAV1 was working, but the VOR and heading indicator needles weren't.....

12 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

It's normal for an airplane to "weathervane" as it get close airborne. The proper procedure is to keep aileron into the wind and directional control with  a rudder. As airplane pick up speed, aileron deflection little bit ease up but still hold.

As I mentioned before with all current limitation JF Arrow is very good and realistic. I personally endorse it. I flew Arrows IRL back to my private pilot days. I did my single engine commercial in Arrow. And eventually I flight instructed in Arrow when I got my CFI.  

You are much more experienced in real world flying than me. I have about 112 hours combined on a 152 and PA28. My PPL expired way back in the early 2000's but I much preffered the PA28 to the 152, it just felt a nicer experience, to me. I'm a sucker for a low wing.

I remember doing my IFR training in the PA28 with my instructor. On a few lessons, we flew in some pretty marginal weather with some tasty crosswind landings and take-offs. I managed to keep it on the runway without too much drama....... Hence why I'm able to post comments today 😉

Stu

Edited by Bunchy
  • Like 1

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

It seems like the aircraft is a bit faster with 0.3.0?  I found before the aircraft would typically settle in around 130KIAS at my usual range of cruise altitudes in this of 2000-4000ft.  My flight today it settled in around 140KIAS.  That's just a sample size one and I'll be interested to see if that experience continues, but it certainly seemed peppier a bit.

What power and prop settings are you cruising at? For me 20" at 2200rpm gives about 105-110kts indicated. Obviously the cartoonish MSFS live wx makes my ground speed much more or less than that!

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Any one knows what button assignment in FSUIPC is needed for panel lights?

The Nav Lights knob is ok with "Nav Lights Set" in FSUIPC. I set it to 6 for on and to 0 for off. But I cannot find a function for the Panel lights.

Thank you,

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

You are much more experienced in real world flying than me. I have about 112 hours combined on a 152 and PA28. My PPL expired way back in the early 2000's but I much preffered the PA28 to the 152, it just felt a nicer experience, to me. I'm a sucker for a low wing.

I remember doing my IFR training in the PA28 with my instructor. On a few lessons, we flew in some pretty marginal weather with some tasty crosswind landings and take-offs. I managed to keep it on the runway without too much drama....... Hence why I'm able to post comments today 😉

Stu

I think this is one of the current issues with MSFS, the aircraft seem a fair bit harder to handle than the real thing, particularly on the runway with crosswind behaviour, which is overdone for all MSFS aircraft as we know. 

So the balance is for Asobo to get this behaviour closer to reality without dumbing it down so much people say it is 'arcade like', or 'on rails'.  Not easy, especially with all of the different opinions out there as for what 'feels real'.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

16 hours ago, Turpentine said:

Same here, though so far in my case it has only been happening when I activate Alt Hold. Quite annoying.

I have the same issue. It feels like stutter but it's the airplane itself that shakes unaturaly, not the whole sim.

By the way... you're talking about Alt hold... I'm must be blind, I never found the Alt hold from the AP and figure it out that there wasn't any. Where is it located please ? Thanks

37 minutes ago, s.mellah said:

By the way... you're talking about Alt hold... I'm must be blind, I never found the Alt hold from the AP and figure it out that there wasn't any. Where is it located please ? Thanks

There's a hidden clickspot above the rotary autopilot control switch that enables Altitude hold. I think this particular airframe they have modelled only has a single axis autopilot but they've added a hidden Alt Hold feature for ease.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

4 hours ago, Bunchy said:

Stu

I think the difficulty you experience is due MSFS modeling ground physics in general which still lacks. But I've been simmer long before I become pilot IRL, so I adopt like Borg to a lot of things LOL

1 hour ago, s.mellah said:

To be honest, I have no clue where it's located on the panel, I just use the button for it on my honeycomb bravo!

4 hours ago, lambourne said:

What power and prop settings are you cruising at? For me 20" at 2200rpm gives about 105-110kts indicated. Obviously the cartoonish MSFS live wx makes my ground speed much more or less than that!

Generally 2500rpm, throttle stays at full, lean to be just below peak egt.

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, s.mellah said:

I have the same issue. It feels like stutter but it's the airplane itself that shakes unaturaly, not the whole sim.

What prop settings do you use? High RPM will cause shakes as in real life, I normaly cruice with 23" at 2300rpm, and it flyes smooth for me. btw, the Alt hold location are described in the manual with pictures.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |