Sign in to follow this  
Gnacino

FBW Installer?

Whats going on with the FBW installer?  When I select update, it freezes on preparing update, no matter which version I try to update.  I uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

Gnacino

Have you updated to the latest installer? You will not now have downloads as A32NX:

flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Great to awful in one upgrade... hope it doesn't last long and they fix the Thrustmaster Throttle issue. Myself, and I'm sure countless others that have the 'Trustmaster' Throttle quad are experiencing set up issues. Seems to me that the latest greatest upgrade is a flop. My Thrustmaster quad cannot get functional. I uninstalled re-installed tried every trick to get my throttle back after they decided to make the EFB the settings area for the throttle, and ONLY in the experimental... sheesh! its un-flyable for myself at present. How bout y'all having fun with that yet? It will not function in the stable/dev/and now the experimental... the one that it DID work in is le-poop'

Edited by fuzz_bucket
mis-spelling

Did you redo your settings using the EFB? I use the goflight TQ6 (Boeing 737) quadrant and it works okay with that. The old settings would not work.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Why bother download the installer since it needs to be updated very often? It is quicker to download the aircraft itself...

I think the latest installer is doing incremental updates so it saves their bandwith vs downloading the whole aircraft. The updates seem to be very short now.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

I found out what my issue was.  I had A320NX folder and the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo folder in my community folder.  Why I had both folders I don't know.  The installer should have replaced the A320NX folder with the current folder but it didn't.  I deleted the A320NX and the installer worked fine.

Gnacino

15 minutes ago, Gnacino said:

I found out what my issue was.  I had A320NX folder and the flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo folder in my community folder.  Why I had both folders I don't know.  The installer should have replaced the A320NX folder with the current folder but it didn't.  I deleted the A320NX and the installer worked fine.

Gnacino

I had the same problem. Looks like the new installer uses the format 'flyby wire-aircraft-a320-neo, which was conflicting with the old A320NX format. Glad you got it working.

John

• Like 1