Sign in to follow this  
Mithras

In Love Again!

I consider myself quite experienced in FSX, only 7 years, but I've built a cockpit and studied pilot handbooks, read charts, METARS, and learned how to dead reckon, navigate 30's style with NDBs, etc ... I've had relal life flying lessons too ... but  I was getting a bit bored flying my Alabeo Aztec and A2A Cherokee by the numbers into some tough strips.  Flying these things had gotten way too easy. 

But then ... I went back to an old old purchase, Milviz's Cessna 310.  This was untaxiable and unflyable. It drove me mad, and on the forums and in reviews I saw that I wasn't alone! But I thought - crack it Paul, be a dang pilot! So I put in lots of hours and taught myself how to fly this thing. Milviz are known for the most accurate performance and behaviour in twins (particularly in single engined performance) , and I think a pilot called Bert Peake who owns a Cessna 310, was instrumental in its handling. 

I did crack it, but it was and still is hard. And I think that sums up accurate twins like the Cessna 310. Instead of swerving and snaking along the taxiway, I use gentle nudges of the throttles for steering. On take-off, to stop ploughing into the grass off to the left, I ease throttles slowly, and add tiny, tiny amounts of corrective rudder as I increase power until I am at full throttle  with just the right amount of rudder. 

I takes a huge amount of work. I'm in love with flying again!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2