Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Performance hotfix (1.14.6.0) is now live!!!

I’m pretty much done with this Sim for a while.  Just tried It and got the mandatory update message.  So I let it update.  Configured a flight out of Chicago Midway.  Took off out of 4R which faces northeast and downtown Chicago.  I was shocked to see that the entire Chicago downtown area was missing.  No tall buildings nothing.  This has never happened before.

I next tried a short cross Country from Santa Monica to Camarillo.  I have flown that area many times before.  I also have flown real aircraft from Camarillo as I have relatives that live there.  Things seem to go OK until I got near Camarillo.  The airport was totally in the wrong place.  The Sim had placed it at the base of some nearby mountains and the airport was a miniature version of itself.

When I first got the Sim several months ago it had issues but I was pretty happy with it. Now it is absolutely no fun at all to fly.  Going back to XPlane and 3Pd.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm seeing more AI and hearing more ATC activity. Anyone else?

I can confirm. I did a couple of test flights and around EDDF there were 2 other liners approaching in front of me. It's usually barren... one of them has disappeared on final but that has always happened 🙂 It's OK...

Drastic improvements in smoothness everywhere. Even near big airports where it's limited by the main thread and the framerate drops under 25 fps, it's kind of smooth, without stuttering.

I will try VR tomorrow.

Nice job Asobo, thank you!

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

7 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

I’m pretty much done with this Sim for a while.  Just tried It and got the mandatory update message.  So I let it update.  Configured a flight out of Chicago Midway.  Took off out of 4R which faces northeast and downtown Chicago.  I was shocked to see that the entire Chicago downtown area was missing.  No tall buildings nothing.  This has never happened before.

I next tried a short cross Country from Santa Monica to Camarillo.  I have flown that area many times before.  I also have flown real aircraft from Camarillo as I have relatives that live there.  Things seem to go OK until I got near Camarillo.  The airport was totally in the wrong place.  The Sim had placed it at the base of some nearby mountains and the airport was a miniature version of itself.

When I first got the Sim several months ago it had issues but I was pretty happy with it. Now it is absolutely no fun at all to fly.  Going back to XPlane and 3Pd.

That sounds like it could be server issues due to a bunch of us downloading updates. Give it some time.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

My MSFS is back.

That's great news! Does this mean you no longer want Asobo to "go under"? 😉😁

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

Most probably connection issues. Also check that all the items in the Data menu are on.

See ya tomorrow 🙂

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5

Incredible Fix in so many ways.

Worth the waiting and the tearing of garments and wailing and nashing of teeth, etc.

I'm flying again - they did something to the way the terrain is drawn. I don't know what.

It is all good again.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Thanks. What an idiotic way to send out an update. You have to go to the MS Store, then click on the dots on the right of your profile at the top of the page, and it brings you to the menus where updates are located. Maybe they should have encrypted it too. 

😂 😂 😂 Relax. I'm sure this is not the first you've updated the game and it's the same way every single time. Don't know why you and so many others are having a problem. Update the launcher first from the windows store then update in game. And the next update, you and others will have the same problem again. 

The update usually starts by itself but sometimes if not you can go to update and refresh it and it will pop up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Where in the store?

Is this your first update?

It works like every other before. You open up the MS Store up and click the "Get Updates" button. Then it shows up, or it has been installed already in the background, in which case the update manager will open when you start MSFS.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

From what I have been reading on post, it seems  that the Windows store pre downloaded the large 1.2 GIG file, and that was installed for some when they started MSFS. Then that just left the 126 MB download when you started MSFS. I guess what you are seeing is the 1.2 GB file downloading.  

From what I could tell it was downloading way more than 1GB. My download speed was around 145Mb/s the whole time and hundreds of files were downloaded then decompressed. All in it took close to 45 minutes to be done. It appears for some reason it downloaded the entire fs-base folder again looking at the time stamps in Windows which is about 15GB.
After I did the 1GB Store update I also re-booted before starting the sim up.
Thankfully it completed anyway and now all is working again.

I think I’m dreaming 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Oh cr4p, people are reporting missing watermask with the latest patch... be ready for another drama!

2 hours ago, ADamiani said:

What's broken?

Just kidding 🙂 (hopefully)

45 minutes into a 172 classic flight over desolate SW Texas MSFS froze up tight on me.  Usually it has been just the avionics.  This time it was the sim.  Not a CTD.  A freeze.  Not my system, just MSFS.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

20 minutes ago, cbreeze said:

Yeah it's not for you. Enjoy XP and p3d 

• Like 2