Sign in to follow this  
Michael123

PPG_MSFS 2.2 no airport files from Official Folder

Hello,

first of all PPG_MSFS shows that I have old version 2.1, but I installed the newest 2.2 several times.

And the main problem I have at the moment is, that the offical folder path (....\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official) is not found anymore regarding the logfile. Community Folder is working correctly.

Is that a known problem? I checked the folder several time.

Thank you and Regards,

Michael

13 hours ago, Michael123 said:

Hello,

first of all PPG_MSFS shows that I have old version 2.1, but I installed the newest 2.2 several times.

And the main problem I have at the moment is, that the offical folder path (....\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official) is not found anymore regarding the logfile. Community Folder is working correctly.

Is that a known problem? I checked the folder several time.

Thank you and Regards,

Michael

Hi,

No I'm not aware of this problem, it works fine over here.

Try this: delete parameters.xml (from appdata\roaming\PPG_MSFS) and install 3.0 afterwards.

Nico

Tried your suggestion and installed the Version 3.0. But the same thing. Community Folder works fine, but Offical folder I get the following error:

Searching for ParkPosGenerator at this PC
P3D/FSX afcad_summary found
37233 airport names read from: C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\en-US.locPak
stock airport file prefix: fs-base
Searching in folder C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official ...
Searching in folder C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official ...
exception recursive_directory_iterator::operator++: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. in searching in "C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official"
# airport files written: 0,  updated: 0

Thank you

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael123 said:

Tried your suggestion and installed the Version 3.0. But the same thing. Community Folder works fine, but Offical folder I get the following error:

Searching for ParkPosGenerator at this PC
P3D/FSX afcad_summary found
37233 airport names read from: C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\fs-base\en-US.locPak
stock airport file prefix: fs-base
exception recursive_directory_iterator::operator++: Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden. in searching in "C:\Users\Michael-PC-i9-9900k\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official"
# airport files written: 0,  updated: 0

Thank you

Michael

Try to run PPG_MSFS in administrator mode, if you have not done that already... 

It is mysterious indeed. 

Just a remark. I would not have chosen "Michael-PC-i9-9900k" as user name because in the old days programs sometimes had difficulties in processing strings with dashes. These days it should not be a problem but you never know.

I would go for just "Michael"

Edited by kiek

I managed now that PPG_MSFS gets access by creating a symbolic link directly on the MSFS official folder.

Nevertheless for most of the airports no airport file is created.

Only LVFR Miami is working. All other airports have the file bgl.fsarchive. Does it mean this airports (Justsim EDDS, LVFR Barcelona, Flytampa Copenhagen) use the default bgl of MSFS? Or did they update the bgl directly in the fsarchive?

Thank you

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael123 said:

Only LVFR Miami is working. All other airports have the file bgl.fsarchive.

That means the file is digitally encrypted (DRM). No acces for third parties... New Microsoft policy... ;-[