Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

And I was hoping Tree Distance addressed with 1.14.6.0

Guess their going to make us wait for SU4 in July to address something that wasn't broke before SU3.  Really getting ticked with this.😖

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I believe that they were pretty clear about this update addressing performance issues. Didn't hear of any mention of trees. 

• Like 13

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 ,  FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

July? Sim Update 4 was initially scheduled for 27 April. With the recent delays and hotfixes I'd say early or mid-May would be a safe bet for now.

Although I do agree that this should be fixed as soon as possible, hopefully they'll do something in the France World Update as well.

32 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Guess their going to make us wait for SU4 in July to address something that wasn't broke before SU3.  Really getting ticked with this.😖

So you want to lose more performance, huh?

• Upvote 2

There always will be people that go to a restaurant, order and get the most delicious steak and complain the dont get icecream.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

July? Sim Update 4 was initially scheduled for 27 April. With the recent delays and hotfixes I'd say early or mid-May would be a safe bet for now.

Although I do agree that this should be fixed as soon as possible, hopefully they'll do something in the France World Update as well.

Didn't Jorg say that they plan to push the next WU with the SU together?

2 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

There always will be people that go to a restaurant, order and get the most delicious steak and complain the dont get icecream.

Welcome to Avsim...

• Upvote 2

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

Jeez. How far away do you want to be able to see the things? 🤣

jqxs6um.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 minutes ago, RICHUK said:

Didn't Jorg say that they plan to push the next WU with the SU together?

Ah sorry, I thought it was going to be Sim/World Update 5, but I checked again and it's Sim Update 4 with World Update 5 indeed.

Still, I don't think it was said anywhere that it's coming in July. That would probably be Sim Update 5 which is getting skipped in a few items of the Feedback Snapshot.

• Like 1

Well Chock it's probably because were from Europe were we never get 50 miles of clear view

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

49 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Good old Dillon.

Always there - ready with the diss.

I wish the weather in the sim was as predictable as you old friend. X

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I believe that they were pretty clear about this update addressing performance issues. Didn't hear of any mention of trees. 

I totally agree and the last patch didn't mention anything about breaking the feature but they did.  With each patch they fiddle with stuff that's totally outside the scope of work for the patch.  Let's look at some examples:

Dolphin Dance

Night Lighting

Wing rock

Degraded performance

Oversize Buildings

So there's nothing wrong with me expecting they'd unofficially fix both main items they broke with SU3.

• Like 2

FS2020 

34 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

They've told us over and over in the live stream that pushing the tree distance will not affect performance.  That was further proven with the mods that was produced to temporarily address the issue.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

41 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Several existing mods have already clearly shown that you can easily increase tree draw distance without any noticable impact on performance. So your statement is fully wrong...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS