Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FlyByWire Experimental autopilot has been released!

6 hours ago, devgrp said:

Have the AI control the plane just like its handling the radios once you are ready to taxi, turn it off when you are ready to take off

Ok I just discovered this. Never even considered that feature. 

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

3 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

you can guys follow this checklist here to see what has been implemented and what is left https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx/pull/4117

Thanks for the link,

So the RNAV approach was present on the previous experimental release or was it on the vanilla A320?

Does the current Experimental support AutoLand?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

40 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Does the current Experimental support AutoLand?

Yes it does, with AP1 selected intercept the LOC and GS then press AP2 and it will autoland with flare and rollout!

John

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, bendead said:

Thanks for the link,

So the RNAV approach was present on the previous experimental release or was it on the vanilla A320?

Yeah that was with the default autopilot,  with only the custom fly-by-wire system.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just had a nice flight from Rome to Genova. It was smooth and beautiful. 

Except my new airbus 320 tried to kill me twice with the left roll trick under autopilot.

I thought it had been solved. I am using the experimental version, have been using it for months now and I hadn't experienced the roll problem for a long time.

Speeds and vertical speeds feel much more realistic though, so all in all it's ok; nevertheless that roll thing is not nice.

A.

1 minute ago, ADamiani said:

Just had a nice flight from Rome to Genova. It was smooth and beautiful. 

Except my new airbus 320 tried to kill me twice with the left roll trick under autopilot.

I thought it had been solved. I am using the experimental version, have been using it for months now and I hadn't experienced the roll problem for a long time.

Speeds and vertical speeds feel much more realistic though, so all in all it's ok; nevertheless that roll thing is not nice.

A.

You do realise it's a WIP

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

24 minutes ago, Car147 said:

You do realise it's a WIP

So why release a faulty AP and not wait until it can be fixed?

6 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

If you cared to read the info along with the mod, you would have seen that it is a WIP, don't be ungrateful, these people are improving the default aircraft no end. at no cost to you or anyone. If you read the installer again, pick the Stable version.. surprising what you can find when you open your eyes..

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

3 minutes ago, Car147 said:

If you cared to read the info along with the mod, you would have seen that it is a WIP, don't be ungrateful, these people are improving the default aircraft no end. at no cost to you or anyone. If you read the installer again, pick the Stable version.. surprising what you can find when you open your eyes..

Starting to sound like commercial developers. Don't release broken things, FREE or not!  Causes more confusion than not.🙂

Edited by Adrian123

12 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Starting to sound like commercial developers. Don't release broken things, FREE or not!  Causes more confusion than not.🙂

No one is forced to use it. That's why its called experiment. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ADamiani said:

What roll is that? That sounds like the default autopilot, it is impossible the custom one is doing that though, unless your fps went down to single digit?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

What is the problem to call it "faulty"? And you do realize, it is called "experimental"

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Quit while you are behind mate, that is so disrespectful 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

I don't get it, you are here complaining without giving a proper constructive feedback and tell us what is the problem is so we can help you here. You also do realize, these people actually working on the mod at night after their job shift while some have families, all that time for this hobby because they love this and giving their time to this. Instead, you just jump here here complaining, disrespectful indeed. 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3