Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FlyByWire Experimental autopilot has been released!

10 hours ago, devgrp said:

Have the AI control the plane just like its handling the radios once you are ready to taxi, turn it off when you are ready to take off

What do you mean? I'm confused by what you said. 

The AI controls the plane during what phase? Can the AI perform takeoffs without any problems in the FBWA320 so that I can focus as a passenger looking out the window during takeoff and landings?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

The AI controls the plane during what phase? Can the AI perform takeoffs without any problems in the FBWA320 so that I can focus as a passenger looking out the window during takeoff and landings?

I'm not sure if it works in the FBW plane but in others you can have it take control through out the entire stage of the flight 

Is anyone having issues viewing the OFB in the EFB? I just get a black screen?  

Also anyone having issues calibrating a throttle quadrant? The calibration screen in the EFB configuration pain experiences extremely long lags everytime I click on it and is very slow to register the axis values. Also it doesn't seem to want to calibrate my Saitek throttle quadrant full range between idle and climb detents. Argh...so frustrating.

Word of advise. If you use the Right Alt EFB popout and hover your mouse over the popout window, you will get no response from your throttle quadrant. That was my issue. 

Edited by SolRayz

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I'm not sure if you're meaning you don't know how to activate the AI pilot, but if so, here's how. Move your mouse to the top of the screen to bring down the toolbar. Click on the AI button (the one with the pilot's head to the right of the one with the flight yoke on it). Select the option for the AI to control the aircraft. Sorted! You can switch that on and off at any point before, during or after the actual flight.

Edit: Be aware that the AI pilot isn't perfect at landing on the runway - you could find your plane missing it altogether!😄

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Upvote 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

9 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

Edit: Be aware that the AI pilot isn't perfect at landing on the runway - you could find your plane missing it altogether!

yeah I only use it to taxi.

Though that only works if you're using the built in ATC.

Edited by Tuskin38

10 hours ago, Car147 said:

You do realise it's a WIP

Well yes, English is not my first language but luckily "experimental" is quite similar in my native tongue, so I had a glimpse of its hidden meaning.

Anyway thank you for your suggestion.

A.

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

What roll is that? That sounds like the default autopilot, it is impossible the custom one is doing that though, unless your fps went down to single digit?

Fps were very, very good and consistent during the whole flight. After takeoff, I hand-flew following the fd with AT on, and it was ok. Then at around 1500 ft I engaged the AP and, instead of the right turn that was programmed, I observed a slow but consistent left roll. I had to recover manually before it reached 40 degrees. I tried to recover by setting the heading but it didn't work. I had to use the stick with AP off and then, after I was on the magenta line again, I reengaged and it worked well.

Then the flight was uneventful, it followed the FP pretty well. Except towards the end, there was another incident: instead of a slight right turn it started the left roll again and I had to recover manually.

A.

8 minutes ago, ADamiani said:

Fps were very, very good and consistent during the whole flight. After takeoff, I hand-flew following the fd with AT on, and it was ok. Then at around 1500 ft I engaged the AP and, instead of the right turn that was programmed, I observed a slow but consistent left roll. I had to recover manually before it reached 40 degrees. I tried to recover by setting the heading but it didn't work. I had to use the stick with AP off and then, after I was on the magenta line again, I reengaged and it worked well.

Then the flight was uneventful, it followed the FP pretty well. Except towards the end, there was another incident: instead of a slight right turn it started the left roll again and I had to recover manually.

A.

Ah maybe that was fixed. Just update mod through the installer. Also make sure, there are no other fbw mods in the community folder

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Hey guys, I know this isn't the discord but I can't ask questions without verifying via my cell phone and I'm just not about that life.

Anyways, the EFB crashes to black when using the simbrief dispatch page. Anyone else encounter this / know of a workaround? Experimental version, which of course comes with experimental risks. 😄

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just tried it on expermental build 9803984 with no issues. Sorry cant be more helpful. I tried with and without Simbrief name. Of course, nothing happens without you putting you Simbrief name in under the Company tab.

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Hi All,

Been using the experimental version of the Mod and when climbing up to Cruise Level, Climbing between FL250 and Cruise Level is climbing at a rate of about 300 fpm.

If you try increase this to 700 fpm the plane looses speed and cannot recover the speed even in level flight.

Surely it shouldn't take an Hour to reach Cruise Altitude of say FL360

Thanks allot.

Daz

1 hour ago, daztheman70 said:

If you try increase this to 700 fpm the plane looses speed and cannot recover the speed even in level flight.

What is the aircraft gross weight? Also check Auto Throttle is armed as I have noticed auto arming does not always seem to happen on T/off, easy to miss.

QNH is std? Also check TAT temp is reasonable. What is the Optimal Flight Level showing as? (MCDU).

You should def get better climb performance if the aircraft is in weight limits.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, daztheman70 said:

Hi All,

Been using the experimental version of the Mod and when climbing up to Cruise Level, Climbing between FL250 and Cruise Level is climbing at a rate of about 300 fpm.

Surely it shouldn't take an Hour to reach Cruise Altitude of say FL360

Thanks allot.

Daz

Mind posting a few screenshots of: PFD / Left screen, EICAS / middle top screen (is it called that in Airbus?), and the bottle middle screen with the cruise page displayed?

This will better help us determine if what you see is a bug or feature.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Well I ended the flight but here is the weights I tested a second time with.

Way below Max Take Off Weight took off from egnx flew 180 over London couldn't climb above FL300

Just About to retest with Dev Build

https://ibb.co/r3KnFm8

Update Dev Version works perfectly no problem climbing to cruise performance is spot on.

Anyone else using Experimental version have issues with the climb?

Daz