Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FlyByWire Experimental autopilot has been released!

Just now, daztheman70 said:

Update Dev Version works perfectly no problem climbing to cruise performance is spot on.

Anyone else using Experimental version have issues with the climb?

Daz

I'm flying it right as we speak and I did not have problems with the climb, but I did notice the new fuel burn numbers. I'm flying KBOS to LXGB and I'm an hour out with 4,500 lbs of fuel left, burning 1,800 per engine per hour. Should be fun.

I did the math, and the new simbrief fuel profile (It used to be M25) should probably be set around M15-17. I will use M16 going forward from today.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I took the exp FBW version up to FL370 with no problems. Was fairly heavy too.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, WestAir said:

I'm flying it right as we speak and I did not have problems with the climb, but I did notice the new fuel burn numbers. I'm flying KBOS to LXGB and I'm an hour out with 4,500 lbs of fuel left, burning 1,800 per engine per hour. Should be fun.

I did the math, and the new simbrief fuel profile (It used to be M25) should probably be set around M15-17. I will use M16 going forward from today.

Would you be willing to post a screen shot of you entire profile for this aircraft (or at least all the data)?.  I am just using the default A320, I did not know that there were some custom ones floating around.  Thanks

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

• Like 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Is it just me - the very latest update as of 29/3 - the ground role is much better!!! now the A320 doesn't surge ahead - but is much more realistic... 

• Like 2

wow, that experimental mod is just fine. No issues at all, just flew EDDM into LIEO and all smooth, let it fly ILS05 and finally for the first time the neo did a complete autoland without nosediving when some 100 feet above the rwy, perfect landing. now I will try my next leg LIEO into EGLC for a steep approach path 🙂

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Yes, it's beautiful. They even fixed the issue with the increasing taxi speed even while on idle thrust. No it's deccelerating as it shoud be.

I just have the issue that my trottle switch on my joystick is acting weird. The engines start to response when I pull the throttle lever on my logitech extreme pro to 50%. I played a bit with sensitivey setting, but could not determine what would change this misbehaviour. Anyone know a solution for that?

Otherwise, really amazing, it's getting more and more enjoyable!

42 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Anyone know a solution for that?

Did you try the throttle calibration in the EFB?

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Actually just started at LIEO and faced also some speed/climb issues. The neo was throwing some nice bells and ding ding ding sounds at me, barely exceeded Vmin and did not want to climb. Until I realized that when dialing the course I must have hit by mistake the speed knob which was set to 100 kts only, thus A/T tried to keep meticulously that speed which remained well above the red tape but obviously caused some warning sounds and lack of climb performance. Once I set speed to managed all was fine again... just as an idea unless I am the only dummy here 😉

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

Update:

Tried everything remove all addons from community folder bar the Flybywire updated to the latest version, Calibrated the throttle using the EFB, get to around FL320 climbing at 2-300 Fpm 

Sometimes it just levels off and wont climb any higher even at Mach 0.78, don't understand the issue I am far from novice been doing this since 1988 lol

I just want it to work 😰

Attached some images

https://ibb.co/YbcCJZ0
https://ibb.co/SJybvQy
https://ibb.co/6npYMZF
https://ibb.co/KL3shBj
https://ibb.co/7N8zKK9
https://ibb.co/8jx8nFB
https://ibb.co/mzJZNYH

Thanks

daz

Your ground spoilers should not be armed at 30000 ft but that won’t be the cause... and  your aircraft is not not overweight. 

Try deleting the entire FBW mod folder in your Community. Delete the entire folder. Then reinstall a fresh copy of latest mod into the Community Folder. Maybe that will help.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

10 hours ago, ray hughes said:

Is it just me - the very latest update as of 29/3 - the ground role is much better!!! now the A320 doesn't surge ahead - but is much more realistic... 

its funny because theres people that claim how it was before is how the real aircraft handles. Im not a pilot but it certainly felt out of control in the sim and doesnt feel like the pilots are constantly pumping the breaks while taxiing in real life nor does it look like that when spectating from the ground. I much prefer the way it is now. I couldnt even look down for 5 seconds before this new update

5 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Your ground spoilers should not be armed at 30000 ft but that won’t be the cause... and  your aircraft is not not overweight. 

Try deleting the entire FBW mod folder in your Community. Delete the entire folder. Then reinstall a fresh copy of latest mod into the Community Folder. Maybe that will help.

Hi

Yes already tried that, yeah I know about the spoilers but this was just a test flight thats why it shows, I have done full FMC config still the same with it in full config.

Thanks

Daz

7 minutes ago, daztheman70 said:

Daz

One other thing maybe is a livery or seemingly unrelated mod that is perhaps incompatible.

I guess you are using Live Weather? The TAT and SAT look normal to me ruling out a OAT that is too high, which would give you bad performance.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH