Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FlyByWire Experimental autopilot has been released!

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

He's such a great streamer isn't he?

In any case, I was wrong. He's using the default AP (which is what the Dev version uses), which I didn't know supported RNAV. Sorry!

Well I’m not sure how he did it. I have tried three RNAV approaches with the dev version and it has not descended on any of my attempts. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve studied that video to no avail. I give up on RNAV. 

4 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Well I’m not sure how he did it. I have tried three RNAV approaches with the dev version and it has not descended on any of my attempts. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but I’ve studied that video to no avail. I give up on RNAV. 

It seems not that easy to get engaged. I checked if I can implement it somehow using the default inputs (like the LNAV for the moment) but it seems even not easy to activate. It uses also a variable that is new to MSFS and not yet documented. Unfortunately it activates only if you‘re in the right phase etc. For the moment I gave up…will be much easier when custom guidance is available.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 6:50 PM, daztheman70 said:

Update:

Tried everything remove all addons from community folder bar the Flybywire updated to the latest version, Calibrated the throttle using the EFB, get to around FL320 climbing at 2-300 Fpm 

Sometimes it just levels off and wont climb any higher even at Mach 0.78, don't understand the issue I am far from novice been doing this since 1988 lol

I just want it to work 😰

Attached some images

https://ibb.co/YbcCJZ0
https://ibb.co/SJybvQy
https://ibb.co/6npYMZF
https://ibb.co/KL3shBj
https://ibb.co/7N8zKK9
https://ibb.co/8jx8nFB
https://ibb.co/mzJZNYH

Thanks

daz

Just to update this was fixed by turning flight model from Legacy to modern i had no idea about this so glad its sorted thought I would post for anyone who may have the same issue.

Thanks to the guys FBW discord channel too for their help.

Daz

• Like 2

I tried the custom build tonight and was dismayed to find that entering an approach as assigned by ATC upon arrival had the plane doing a U-Turn back to the last waypoint. I thought this would be the first problem a new AP solution would address. Apparently not. Why is this still an issue? 

Edited by Virtual-Chris

18 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

I tried the custom build tonight and was dismayed to find that entering an approach as assigned by ATC upon arrival had the plane doing a U-Turn back to the last waypoint. I thought this would be the first problem a new AP solution would address. Apparently not. Why is this still an issue? 

This is not the AP but the Flight Management System, as far as I understand. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Why is this still an issue? 

Why don't you ask at their Discord?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

6 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

entering an approach as assigned by ATC upon arrival had the plane doing a U-Turn back to the last waypoint.

I had a similar issue. Aircraft swung off course just prior to LOC intercept flying a STAR arrival to ILS01 at ENGM. Caught it quickly on heading select and all was fine. I think there is a lot of work going on at the moment so these things will happen when using the experimental. In general it is very well behaved.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

6 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Because it is the default Flight Plan Manager (which is what the AP follows) that does that. My understanding is that the replacement Flight Plan Manager is being worked on but is not yet available.

...jim

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

5 hours ago, JimBrown said:

Because it is the default Flight Plan Manager (which is what the AP follows) that does that. My understanding is that the replacement Flight Plan Manager is being worked on but is not yet available.

...jim

It's baffling to me that a fundamental aspect of IFR - being assigned an approach by ATC upon arrival - is still so broken after 8 months.

33 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

It's baffling to me that a fundamental aspect of IFR - being assigned an approach by ATC upon arrival - is still so broken after 8 months.

Ok, but what has that to do with A320, AP or Flight Plan manager?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

If you referring to Asobo, I would agree with you. But if you referring to FBW, then I would say, you are welcome to help them out to finish it up 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Just downloaded the latest experimental, seems to have broken the throttles outright. They don’t move with either the controller or with a mouse and calibration does not work either.

They are aware of it on the FBW Discord. It is what it is until they fix it.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Just downloaded the latest experimental, seems to have broken the throttles outright. They don’t move with either the controller or with a mouse and calibration does not work either.

They are aware of it on the FBW Discord. It is what it is until they fix it.

Andrea has fixed it just now, according to discord 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

If you referring to Asobo, I would agree with you. But if you referring to FBW, then I would say, you are welcome to help them out to finish it up 

Yes... definitely referring to Asobo. I'm sure if it could be fixed by FBW, I wound't be mentioning it.

Edited by Virtual-Chris