Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

Sadly...

Just flew LZIB - LKVO 

Route:

TOVKA DCT LANUX M725 TABEM Z401 VLM

And during approach, passing FL70 SW of Prague the stutters began and even complete freezes for some seconds occured. Taking into account i only had occasional slight stutters before the hotfix i can say its even worse now after.

Overall smoothness was improved but that stutterbug really crashed the show.

Well...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just has the same issue on approach to KORD. It really put a damper on a nice little flight.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Confirmed.  Flying in to Salzburg from the southern valley is a pause-fest!  :unsure:

FPS is great locked at 30 and is smooth and consistent, but the pauses are caused by the 'manipulators'.  GPU and CPU usage both drop to zero during pauses. 

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

7 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Confirmed.  Flying in to Salzburg from the southern valley is a pause-fest!  :unsure:

FPS is great locked at 30 and is smooth and consistent, but the pauses are caused by the 'manipulators'.  GPU and CPU usage both drop to zero during pauses. 

I am starting to think that this sim will never be right. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

12 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to think that this sim will never be right. 

There is a part me that wonders if MSFS will ever be able to handle complex jets, like PMDG, etc.. That would be a problem.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016142680-How-to-improve-the-performance

This helped me along with the update.  Hope it helps someone.

Back in my time with XP11 I used to get stutters/freezes when approach urban areas or big airports. It seemed like XP11 was loading tons of texture and freezes until things go smoothly! Current  MSFS performance reminds of that in XP11. I got freezes approaching LAX or LAS

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Yep, Departure and cruise was perfect .. approach at KORD was a struggle. Quickly turned on the monitoring again .. Yep .. low GPU utilization once again.. So close yet so disappointingly far.

Im going to give them a few months but rest assured im not putting any more money into this sim or any sim related addons. I think my mind is close to being made up to find a nice racing sim and invest in that direction.

When the sim works its such a high but word not allowed this studio cant seem to get their act together. I don't know what it is and at this point i really don't care anymore.  Just need to move into an objective frame of mind. Does it provide satisfaction and is it worth the time and money. If yes continue to use, If not, find something else to do.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

13 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Yep, Departure and cruise was perfect .. approach at KORD was a struggle. Quickly turned on the monitoring again .. Yep .. low GPU utilization once again.. So close yet so disappointingly far.

Im going to give them a few months but rest assured im not putting any more money into this sim or any sim related addons. I think my mind is close to being made up to find a nice racing sim and invest in that direction.

When the sim works its such a high but word not allowed this studio cant seem to get their act together. I don't know what it is and at this point i really don't care anymore.  Just need to move into an objective frame of mind. Does it provide satisfaction and is it worth the time and money. If yes continue to use, If not, find something else to do.

I am starting to get really tired of being on pins and needles during a flight waiting for some bug to crop up and ruin the flight. I have to decide what to do if this continues, go back to P3D, or just forget sims altogether. I am not going to spend one more dollar on MSFS until I see progress made towards stability. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Me too. Serious long pauses on initial into KLAX and KTPA to name two. Some performance aspects are improved with the patch, but these long pauses around some large urban centers are still a problem and a real downer.

• Like 2

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I feel it's smoother in general but the loading of new scenery tiles is brutal.  My sim grinds to a halt for a few seconds periodically.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I can deal with the long pauses because they don't happen frequently and I'm sure that they are due to my crummy internet.

I had them before the patch also.  Today I got 2 going from KORS to KAVX which go over / near Seattle, San Fran Los Angeles ect.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

32 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

I can deal with the long pauses because they don't happen frequently and I'm sure that they are due to my crummy internet.

I had them before the patch also.  Today I got 2 going from KORS to KAVX which go over / near Seattle, San Fran Los Angeles ect.

Cheers

bs

Just a thought:  Maybe try putting the area into the manual cache?

• Like 1

Matt Webb

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

There is a part me that wonders if MSFS will ever be able to handle complex jets, like PMDG, etc.. That would be a problem.

Cheers, Pete

...Never! I am afraid... not if the "point of direction" of updates, fixes and patches MSFS/Asobo (or who ever) seem to deliver to us... So a problem? Yes!!!

(Still stutters, microfreezing after the last "hotfix")... What to say?

"words not allowed"! Of course... 🙄

Its so sad to see that during this half year of (almost) since the release of MSFS, so many things has become worse, and so few things has become better... "One step forward and two backwords"

Wonder where we are in another six month?...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

yeah. KSEA is still a stutter fest. IT was always an area that had bad framerate since the Alpha. Once you leave KSEA , frames return to normal. 

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.