Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

yeah. KSEA is still a stutter fest. IT was always an area that had bad framerate since the Alpha. Once you leave KSEA , frames return to normal. 

ESSA, ESSB, ESGJ, EETN, ENGM, EFHK... and the list goes on! Still a "stutterfest"!

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to get really tired of being on pins and needles during a flight waiting for some bug to crop up and ruin the flight. I have to decide what to do if this continues, go back to P3D, or just forget sims altogether. I am not going to spend one more dollar on MSFS until I see progress made towards stability. 

Good comment and my sentiments too. it's the reason I haven't uninstalled Xplane 11.

4 hours ago, Maxis said:

Im going to give them a few months but rest assured im not putting any more money into this sim or any sim related addons. I think my mind is close to being made up to find a nice racing sim and invest in that 

Yep and I’m already saving for some Fanatec gear 👍

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Departed Cairo HECA Rwy 5C with a departure turn out the the NW. Same ugly 5-10 second freezes that were introduced in Update 3.

NOT fixed. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Have any of you reported this through zendesk? 

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 1

They did never say the patch fixes every performance problem.

It is impossible to test every scenario and every hardware combination so go to Zendesk and file a ticket with all the necessary information so they can try to reproduce your problems and look what still needs to be fixed. 

And yeah this sim will never be without issues. The important thing is that those issues should be very rare and don't affect most flights.

I mean really, how many flights do you think the devs could have made since Sim update 3 while also coding the update?

2 hours ago, buspelle said:

ESSA, ESSB, ESGJ, EETN, ENGM, EFHK... and the list goes on! Still a "stutterfest"!

Odd. No issues what so ever for me at ENGM/ESSA? 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 hours ago, buspelle said:

wierd.. just went into EFHK and it was smooth as silk..  wonder what the issue is now then.

GE

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

I've just repeated two flights where I've experienced decreased performance and stutters before the update. In both I have now a fluid simulation @ 28-30fps (limited). First one was from YRED dir Brisbane downtown the other from KFHR to KTIW. At least these areas seem to be fixed for my sim. I should also mention, that I'm using identical settings and add-ons before and after the update. Next test will be LOWS area.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I had also this weird Stutter-Freeze fest while taking off from LOWS to LIEO. It was just for some seconds ( 10-20sec) while the rest of the flight was ultra smooth with average fps 50-70s ( Ultra settings) with CRJ 700.

I made also a test flight on EGLC around London which i had serious stutters after UK update. With the latest patch everything was perfect, no stutters, great fps , smooth experience ( ultra settings) 

Will check again the same route from Salzburg LOWS but with Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling OFF, i think this creates more stutter/freezes or at least make them worst.

sRk6tGA.jpg 

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

Until this gets fixed, I´m flying with vsync and 20fps capped, no stutters or pauses anywhere on the sim, did a KLAX-KSEA supersmooth, 20 fps is not ideal, but I prefer 20fps super smooth than a stutter party, guys, try it out, it works here.

Edited by PaulM

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

wierd.. just went into EFHK and it was smooth as silk..  wonder what the issue is now then.

GE

Just flew east of KSEA and that area is a mess. It's not even stuttering, there are 2-3 s pauses.

I don't know if they will ever get it right...

Edited by MrFuzzy

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, Moria15 said:

GE

I have no issues of performance either.

Also I suggest not to report individual issues here before reporting to Microsoft via zendesk. This will speed up the fixes and reduce the frustration of many.

Regards

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR

AirHispania Virtual Airlines 

• Like 1

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to get really tired of being on pins and needles during a flight waiting for some bug to crop up and ruin the flight. I have to decide what to do if this continues, go back to P3D, or just forget sims altogether. I am not going to spend one more dollar on MSFS until I see progress made towards stability. 

I had gone back to P3Dv5 and it was extremely nice performance wise but kept getting timeout errors I think due to my RX 6800 card so I gave up (but if you have Nvidia it is perfect).

So I re-installed XP11 under Vulkan and all my planes and Orbx TE sceneries and was blown away by the performance on my new rig...high resolution, crystal clear, and so smooooth....like Aerofly FS2 smooth!  Having a steady, silky 30 FPS without one stutter over Orbx/Drzweicki Seattle or LAX with full AI traffic is amazing.

So I’m doing that until things clear up on this sim and even bought the new Aerobask Phenom 300...lovely and it has a flushing toilet. 🙂

My point isn’t one sim vs another as I own them all and have spent heavily on them all, but was almost ready to give up simming too and the other options are viable especially with TE scenery or Ortho4XP etc.

Steve

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lets face it guys, a patch wont fix the root cause for all these performance issues.  Maybe dx12 will help but Im not convinced. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080