Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

52 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

My settings: LOD 50. settings medium, bloom off, ai traffic 50%, vsync on, capped at 20 fps. 

LOL. 20 fps? No, thanks.

Do you even pan the camera ?

• Like 1

Cheers :)

N.-

53 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That is why they need MORE BETA TESTERS!!!!

How many testers do you think are economically viable for a company and 30k+ airports to test?

100? 1000? 10000? And how many different combinations of hardware do you think they have available? I flew around a bit in Europe since the patch and performance was a lot better then before. The one issue that is remaining are occasional freezes where fps tanks to a standstill for a few seconds. But thoe don't happen often for me and other then that it is smooth, so not much of an issue. It could also be that ship traffic add on, which I recently activated again, since those freezes can also happen when that addon converts the models to msfs ones. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

My settings: LOD 50. settings medium, bloom off, ai traffic 50%, vsync on, capped at 20 fps. 

LOLOL! If that's what it takes to get a smooth flight out of MSFS, time to find a new sim. Pathetic!

Edited by odourboy
  • Like 6

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

I did a couple of rounds around KSEA and Boeing Field in the C152 and I did not experience any stutters or pauses.  Framerate was between 40 and 55, although I was on Medium settings, but before the update I did encounter stutters and pauses.  I'm not a tube flyer, but I wanted to report my experience.

I have been testing the area east of KSEA too.

The first time with the A320 I had long pauses and eventually it even CTD. Curiously, the live weather gave some clouds at ground level 🙂

The 2nd time with the A320 the weather was correct, giving a high coverage layer of clouds around 3000 ft. No stuttering / pauses at all, I flew toward the mountains and back and landed at KSEA.

Then I tried an IFR flight always eastbound, from KSEA to KGPI and no stutters. I had the usual issues with the A320 A/P on approach, resolved with the DIR trick.

I thought: "maybe that's because I flew above the cloud layer over Seattle, let's try the Cirrus at 2000 ft". Well, no stuttering whatsoever. 

Did they actually fix it? DID THEY?

ZF9ct9h.png

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 minute ago, odourboy said:

LOLOL! If that's what it takes to get a smooth flight out of MSFS, time to find a new sim. Pathetic!

LOL...If you turn all sliders to low, it will be even smoother. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

21 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Probably the person I blocked, so I won't see it.   🤓

Yes, you missed all the usual suspects.  I never block anybody as I like a good laugh. :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

First flight of the day, after restarting PC. KAVP to KJST.  Loaded flight from GA Ramp.  Program loaded, hit Fly button.....  Instant Crash to desktop.  P3D idea is looking better and better this morning. 

FlightSimulator.exe
      60420f33
      FlightSimulator.exe
      60420f33
      c0000005
      000000000017c530
      01d7230c25187f65
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
      7ade7bae-fec7-4d96-8ec2-cddc53f3a5d5
      Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.14.6.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
      App
Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've just flown a couple of hours around the South of England and I'm still getting the odd stutter for a minute or so over some of the areas where it was PowerPoint slow before the update. Most appear to be clear but around Bristol is still a bit dodgy - though no where near as bad as it was. I can live with it certainly. If you've been watching the news recently - best to stay out of Bristol at the moment anyway.

Certainly as ryan says; the loading of tiles IS brutal. Like they drop in to place with an almost audible CLANG! the whole sim seems to jump as they do.

It's all better but it's far from smooth.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

13 hours ago, Maxis said:

"... I think my mind is close to being made up to find a nice racing sim and invest in that direction.

When the sim works its such a high but word not allowed this studio cant seem to get their act together. I don't know what it is and at this point i really don't care anymore.  Just need to move into an objective frame of mind. Does it provide satisfaction and is it worth the time and money. If yes continue to use, If not, find something else to do."

Lol! I understand completely and, in fact, I did similarly! I recognize that most do not feel as I do, but my feeling is that MFS has been a disappointment from the get-go in ways beyond performance issues alone.

Thus, I have reintroduced myself to these racing & driving greats & classics that have been gathering virtual dust in my collection for a few years: Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, F1, Euro Truck Simulator, Grid, NFS and yes, I hate to admit it, The Crew also lol.

But wait, it gets better (yaayyy!): I have also enjoyed v-golf since the days of Links 386 Pro when there were still dinosaurs roaming about the planet, and MFS's state has led me to the discovery of, and newly introduced me to, PGA Tour 2K21 yaayyy! I never thought I would once again enjoy a computer golf game as much as I long ago enjoyed Links 2003 (once, the 'gold standard' of v-golf).... but I do! PGA Tour 2K21 is  tremendous  fun and there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of courses to play. Most play the game with a controller, but I enjoy playing it via my PC also. Try it, it is tremendous fun... as are the racing & driving games that I mentioned! Assetto Corsa especially is a true racing, uh-oh here it comes: simulator. The others are great fun also; give them or some of them a whirl!

(p.s.: You'll want to have a good [racing] wheel though.)

Take a peek at this for a small taste of AC:  (3394) Assetto Corsa | RSS FORMULA HYBRID 2021 | First Impressions ! - YouTube   (You have to love his comment at 33:40 regarding flight sim addon pricing 😉 lol.)

Edited by RustyFlyer

i7-12700K; GF RTX 3080Ti 12 GB; MSI Z690 MB; 32 GB DDR5 4800Mhz (16x2); 850W 80+ Gold PS; 1 TB M.2 NVMe SSD + 2 TB HDD @ 7200 + Kingston 4TB XS2000 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 Ext. SSD (for MSFS & all games); 240 mm liquid cooler; LG 32UD59-B 32" UHD 4K; Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS stick; wired conn. to rtr. (500 Mbps); W11 Pro

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Counting the minutes until the people that are not having any problems start telling the people that do, that their equipment is faulty, or they don't know how to run a simulator properly. 

These people actually seem to have no clue what we are talking about. It's not a lack of performance. There is something going on in the Sims system that causes these stutters.

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

33 minutes ago, RustyFlyer said:

Lol! I understand completely and, in fact, I did similarly! I recognize that most do not feel as I do, but my feeling is that MFS has been a disappointment from the get-go in ways beyond performance issues alone.

Thus, I have reintroduced myself to these racing & driving greats & classics that have been gathering virtual dust in my collection for a few years: Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, F1, Euro Truck Simulator, Grid, NFS and yes, I hate to admit it, The Crew also lol.

But wait, it gets better (yaayyy!): I have also enjoyed v-golf since the days of Links 386 Pro when there were still dinosaurs roaming about the planet, and MFS's state has led me to the discovery of, and newly introduced me to, PGA Tour 2K21! I never thought I would once again enjoy a computer golf game as much as I long ago enjoyed Links 2003 (once, the 'gold standard' of v-golf).... but I do! PGA Tour 2K21 is  tremendous  fun and there are hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of courses to play. Most play the game with a controller, but I enjoy playing it via my PC also. Try it, it is tremendous fun... as are the racing games I mentioned! Assetto Corsa especially is a true racing, uh-oh here it comes: simulator. The others are great fun also; give them or some of them a whirl!

(p.s.: You'll want to have a good [racing] wheel though.)

I had Run 8 Train Sim for a couple of years. There was quite a learning curve to negotiate hills with a fully loaded freight train and 5 engines pulling it. At that time you had to use multiplayer to see other trains, but now it has AI. The sim never crashes,, which is a big plus. 

Edited by Bobsk8

1 hour ago, kakihara123 said:

How many testers do you think are economically viable for a company and 30k+ airports to test?

100? 1000? 10000? And how many different combinations of hardware do you think they have available? I flew around a bit in Europe since the patch and performance was a lot better then before. The one issue that is remaining are occasional freezes where fps tanks to a standstill for a few seconds. But thoe don't happen often for me and other then that it is smooth, so not much of an issue. It could also be that ship traffic add on, which I recently activated again, since those freezes can also happen when that addon converts the models to msfs ones. 

Who suggested that every airport must be tested? That would be pure nonsense.

• Like 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

OK, The solution seems clear:

1. Buy (or build) a top of the line PC.

2. Turn all settings way down

3.  Cap FPS at 20

Then, and only then, will you be able to enjoy half the performance of other sims.  What could be simpler?

• Like 2

Just now, TASCHMANN said:

3.  Cap FPS at 20

Then, and only then, will you be able to enjoy half the performance of other sims.  What could be simpler?

And it will look like Flight Sim 95.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

3.  Cap FPS at 20

I have a high end rig (3080, 5800x and 32gb ram on an NVME ssd) but I don't need to turn the settings down much. I put everything on Ultra except LOD which I put to 150 so I get better performance on high density areas. Resolution is 3440x1440 and I have 52-56 fps atm above the Netherlands in a TBM with the WT G3000 and medium refresh rate. 

For VR I have to turn is down somewhat on my Index, but I get 30 smooth 30 fps via throttling in Steam VR with 100 render scale. If they ever implement DLSS I think I could push render scale to 150 without issues. 

• Like 1