Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

From limited testing over downtown Toronto, going to low graphics preset doesn't do much for me as compared with ultra.  Frames don't raise dramatically, it just looks worse.

First full flight of the day after CTD when trying to start flight this morning . Made it to a 5 mile final, going into KJST surrounded by nothing but trees and hills. CTD. I hate this simulator  . game...That is three CTDs since the "Fix". 

I relaunched MSFS to complete the approach into KJST, and it CTD again. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

LOLOL! If that's what it takes to get a smooth flight out of MSFS, time to find a new sim. Pathetic!

Have a rainbow:

HHz53U1.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nemo said:

I've just repeated two flights where I've experienced decreased performance and stutters before the update. In both I have now a fluid simulation @ 28-30fps (limited). First one was from YRED dir Brisbane downtown the other from KFHR to KTIW. At least these areas seem to be fixed for my sim. I should also mention, that I'm using identical settings and add-ons before and after the update. Next test will be LOWS area.

I have to retract ... Straight South of KSEA still heavy stutters. Not sure if I can call this fix a FIX ...

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Asobo needs to just concentrate on optimization and fixing all the bugs. I appreciate new content but would prefer payware on a great foundation. 

• Like 1

I just entered Bali island and is like stutter fest, anyone also the same thing over the island?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

First full flight of the day after CTD when trying to start flight this morning . Made it to a 5 mile final, going into KJST surrounded by nothing but trees and hills. CTD. I hate this simulator  . game...That is three CTDs since the "Fix". 

I relaunched MSFS to complete the approach into KJST, and it CTD again. 

Bob, post your PC specs up will you?

3 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Bob, post your PC specs up will you?

PC is about 2 months old, and purchased just for the crash city Sim. . Ryzen 3700 X , AMD RX 5600 XT, 16 GB Ram, 480 GB SD, 2TB HD

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

PC is about 2 months old. Ryzen 3700 X , AMD RX 5600 XT, 16 GB Ram, 480 GB SD, 2TB HD

Umm, well, there certainly isn't anything wrong with that lot. Very nice!

Do you always CTD when "In Flight"?

17 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am starting to think that this sim will never be right. 

Here's a posting I made some months ago the basic question being asked: should anyone really be surprised this sim the way it is??  ....... the question worth revisiting given the relentless disappointment/frustration felt by so many ..... I repeat my relief, mentioned elsewhere for the fact I settled for the standard version! :

"Should anyone really be surprised that the status quo vis-a-vis the planes is (systems-wise) less than stellar? To support my point, here's a suggestion ..... pop over to Wikipedia and look up Asobo, and try to work out from the details of their back-catalogue, which of the game titles listed speak to their being qualified to create believable aircraft in a flight simulator ....?????

AND when you've grappled with that one have a look at the following piece:

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-heres-how-microsoft-flight-simulators-developers-breathe-life-their-planes ......?????"

11 hours ago, Tailwinds said:

Good comment and my sentiments too. it's the reason I haven't uninstalled Xplane 11.

You mean like this 🙂

8N2RNgQ.png

5SbZbC0.png

fh8ML45.png

I haven't fired up MSFS since the last update as it was just a horrible experience. Maybe I will give it go once I arrive at Inverness. Fingers crossed 

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

4 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Umm, well, there certainly isn't anything wrong with that lot. Very nice!

Do you always CTD when "In Flight"?

Usually on from the 1/2 way makr of 110 mile flight to  approach and I have read dozens of posts where others have experienced the same thing. I installed the Anti CTD Vaccine a couple of weeks ago, and since then MSFS has not CTD in dozens and dozens of flights. After yesterdays "Fix" from hell, the CTD s have immediately returned with a vengeance. 

The CTD Vaccine registry hack did something to GPU Scheduling I think. Have you tried ditching it and deleting the registry values. Might be it's too much for the updated performance and is now being counter-productive.

I'd be getting rid of stuff I've done, before overlaying further layers of fixes.

Worth a go and report back. I'm a great believer in keeping stuff Stock, and going from there - and there's nothing wrong with your stock PC specs.

Somebody on the CTD Vaccine thread posted a How To Undo the Registry Entry if you need it;

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/596695-anti-ctd-vaccine/

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, odourboy said:

LOLOL! If that's what it takes to get a smooth flight out of MSFS, time to find a new sim. Pathetic!

2021 and people still go out an buy 30hz monitors for flightsim.

LMFAO

Cheers :)

N.-

4 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Have a rainbow:

HHz53U1.png

The rainbows are ridiculous they exist way too often and usually as circular halos around the plane when viewed from exterior

• Upvote 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.