Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It usually reads about 65%

Well then that is not the problem, I hope it works out for you.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Well then that is not the problem, I hope it works out for you.

Getting my P3D setup. Just got my 6 A2A aircraft loaded in. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You'll  be posting in the other forum then?

Cheers

bs

• Like 2

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

You'll  be posting in the other forum then?

Cheers

bs

Yes, I will be posting in " Kinky Life Styles, " 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The patch seems to have cured the 15fps slowdowns for me touch wood. All seems well.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Denwagg said:

I really wanted this to be the ultimate SIm and it looked like just that when it was released. I built this computer just for it

Well, I remember myself buying the nearly best possible desktop back in 2011, just to be able to get 2% of what MSFS looks like on FSX "tons of addons", a game from 2006, and I was getting low 40fps with a lot more CTD.

Now, I have a laptop with a config close to yours on a 5120x1440 resolution and it's ok, even if it could be better. I can even play MSFS with a photogrammetry project computing in the background.

I am quite sure we will see improvements in the next few month, with DX12 and Xbox release.

9 hours ago, kapitan said:

I dont get any stutters, settings all at High but 1080P my rig is medium, 3gb 1060GTx, I5 16RAM 2Tbt SSD

I wonder if people claiming serious "pause festival" as someone put it but without specs in ther message, I wonder if they are referring to Ultra settings in 4K  (or VR another experimetal area) or external hardwares interacting, home-made cockpits etc

You should know by now that Microsoft Flightsims NEVER run smooth at the maximum settings, never did since FS98 days. It will only run smooth at 4K when a new flightsim generation is released at a higher standard

Guys, 4K is  an experiment, the first flightsim on it, there has never been a flightsim in 4K, plus 4K is only nice if you use large TV sets and want to have the same crispy detail as a 27inch monitor, from a distance (like when you watch Netlfix in the living room)

But I guess nobody does that, flightsim is for MONITORS, desktop medium monitors, because we like to be close to the screen, like in a real plane from the front panel.

I REALLY have no stutters after this update and had very little before it, not to the extent many cry as unplayable.

Other issues to look or to state when you post "still have stutters" issues are things like multiplayer on, vatsim, live AI traffic, external mods or addons interacting with the sim and ...last but nopt least WINDOWS settings, programs eating cpu resources. Basically I dont believe none of you.

Users are so vast in stuff connected to their PCs that all comments are untrustable. For every stutter there is a reason and its in your system.

1080P, Joystick Microsoft Sidewinder II (1999), no pedals, no external programs...no stutters

To me people crying are guys that have their system messed up, it controls them instead of them in charge of their system

This. 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

This. 

No it is not 'this' (as Kapitan posted above).

While there is a lot of sense in what he says as a generalisation, this is another straw man argument - it doesn't relate to the main issue at all.

I have no stutters and a really good frame rate when it works, but in certain areas the 'manipulators' issue creeps in, dropping GPU and CPU to virtually zero utilisation, and causing pauses.
When the pauses happen quickly and strung together, or for shorter durations, some people refer to them as stutters by mistake - they are not.  Stutters are normally caused by screen synchronisation issues and look completely different. 

Now, this is an issue that has been introduced with a recent update and not related to 'fix your rig' or 'alter your settings'. I never had it before then; I was perfectly fine, and had stellar performance (so the new performance increase does nothing for me anyway).

Asobo have increased performance (FPS) and fixed some problem areas in the sim (76T, DFW etc.) without a doubt, but they still haven't fixed the underlying issue with the pauses, which is a different issue. 
They mentioned this in the communication on Thursday (they said not all performance issues are fixed yet).

We have to wait until Asobo fix this new issue, simple as that.  They know about it.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

22 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

No it is not 'this' (as Kapitan posted above).

While there is a lot of sense in what he says as a generalisation, this is another straw man argument - it doesn't relate to the main issue at all.

I have no stutters and a really good frame rate when it works, but in certain areas the 'manipulators' issue creeps in, dropping GPU and CPU to virtually zero utilisation, and causing pauses.
When the pauses happen quickly and strung together, or for shorter durations, some people refer to them as stutters by mistake - they are not.  Stutters are normally caused by screen synchronisation issues and look completely different. 

Now, this is an issue that has been introduced with a recent update and not related to 'fix your rig' or 'alter your settings'. I never had it before then; I was perfectly fine, and had stellar performance (so the new performance increase does nothing for me anyway).

Asobo have increased performance (FPS) and fixed some problem areas in the sim (76T, DFW etc.) without a doubt, but they still haven't fixed the underlying issue with the pauses, which is a different issue. 
They mentioned this in the communication on Thursday (they said not all performance issues are fixed yet).

We have to wait until Asobo fix this new issue, simple as that.  They know about it.

No, Ricardo, THIS.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

It usually reads about 65%

It should be ok; I have 64 GB RAM for data mining, and I observed that in some cases MSFS uses up to 25 GB. Win10 is a bit memory hungry, and a friend of mine, an experienced IT engineer, once told me that memory management is perhaps one of the principal causes for bad performance and crashes (when a program is starved for memory it can simply crash if it's poorly written or try and reclaim what's available with a performance degradation). Having 25GB for MSFS and "only" 7 for all the rest (including Windows) would probably trigger garbage collection. In any case, I am not suggesting that 64 GB will give you more FPS, less stutters or less crashes. I'm just saying that I feel pretty comfortable with 64 GB and that probably MSFS uses more memory if you have it.

A.

12 hours ago, kapitan said:

I dont get any stutters, settings all at High but 1080P my rig is medium, 3gb 1060GTx, I5 16RAM 2Tbt SSD

I wonder if people claiming serious "pause festival" as someone put it but without specs in ther message, I wonder if they are referring to Ultra settings in 4K  (or VR another experimetal area) or external hardwares interacting, home-made cockpits etc

Are you in Politics in real life?

Because only among politicians I have seen this extraordinary ability of twisting the meaning of what other people are saying just to make them sound stupid.

People are having stutters and pauses at every resolution, It has been written. It happens to me. I have no cockpit. My PC is more than adequate.

Defining 4K an "experiment" is a bit of an exaggeration; there are tons of games (also some flight simulators, go figure) that run happily at 4K.

And yet we have to listen to the Wisdom Bearer Who Speaks The Truth.

Next time, at least, please read what other people are reporting.

A.

• Like 1

Although i have thousands (Literally) invested in P3D, i cant bring myself to use it anymore. The immersion factor in MSFS is so great that i cant use anything else anymore. People also need to have congruence: How can you complain about draw distance in msfs and then go to P3D to fly above tiles of repeated and generic textures? How can someone complain about the live weather not working right some times and then go to P3D and fly under that limited weather engine with the same limitations that we had 10 years ago or even more?

Sure, the old sims do have strong points too, but when you see everything as a whole, i cant comprehend how going back to P3D could be considered an option anymore.

BUT, im just expressing my opinion. I also think that everyone should use the sim they like and if that's FSX,  then go to FSX (And enjoy the md11 by the way)

• Like 3

Juan Ramos