Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

To anyone who has stuttering. Do you have AI traffic on or off ?

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

The long high-CPU pauses ended for me with the hotfix. As for stuttering, the only stutters I've ever had in the sim occurred with G1000, G3X, etc.. I guess my system can't handle anything but steam gauges. Gets worse with the mods.

"Patience Is a Virtue"  Relax, all will be fine.  The sim simply isn't ready at this moment but it will be.  It was obviously no secret to anyone who was following the anticipated release that this was an un-official "Early-Access" product.  They just didn't officially said it was.😜

Edited by F1Fan

Following Will fly for Cheese suggestion, 4 starts, and two complete flights and zero CTDs. I am a happy camper. 😉

• Like 8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

17 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Following Will fly for Cheese suggestion, 4 starts, and two complete flights and zero CTDs. I am a happy camper. 😉

Excellent.

See you up there.

🙂

• Like 1

Well done Cheese!  👍

• Like 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

58 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

This thread feels like the Truman Show, but we are all waiting to hear how Bob's installation of MSFS is doing, haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Give that man a Cheese !!! [Not a Bell's]

Bob, happy to see you back in the air. Enjoy !!

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

To anyone who has stuttering. Do you have AI traffic on or off ?

I have it off, when on cruise is all good but the moment I am closer to the ground, the stutter fest starts, varies one location to another. For example in some locations the stutters are not extremely bad but in some other locations it is extremely bad.

I have noticed, when these stutters start, CoherentGT goes mad as well, with FBW or default .. etc.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 hour ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Excellent.

See you up there.

🙂

NIce one young Cheese!

• Like 1

Question, do you guys still in general have stutters or it is just placebos effect for me? It is definitely better after the patch but it is pretty much stuttery for me, today on approach to EDDK, it was super stuttery and the FPS went down to like 10 (cruising was like 50, approach was like 30ish with a lot of stutters and then on landing it was crushed to 10fps). What I find confusing the most, if I reload the plane in the dev mode, the fps bounces back to the roof. I am very confused, seeing some reports that some people no longer suffer and some like myself suffer from these stutters 😅.

P/S: settings high except for LOD set to 200 and running with 2K resolution.

Edited by omarsmak30

@omarsmak30 - what do you get if you turn "Grass and Bushes"  OFF?  It may be nothing but I did that and then did a flight from the Plant City addon to the Clearwater Airpark addon (Tampa FL) which has always produced hard pauses for me since about Christmas 2020 and yet this time there were no hard pauses.  It was still micro and mini stuttery but no hard pauses. (PG on)(weather preset - no live traffic)

in answer to your question - mine still stutters.  The micro stutters - XP11 did that for me too...the mini stutters I don't like but can handle...the hard pauses need a solution.

Edited by sightseer

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

6 minutes ago, sightseer said:

@omarsmak30 - what do you get if you turn "Grass and Bushes"  OFF?  It may be nothing but I did that and then did a flight from the Plant City addon to the Clearwater Airpark addon (Tampa FL) which has always produced hard pauses for me since about Christmas 2020 and yet this time there were no hard pauses.  It was still micro and mini stuttery but no hard pauses. (PG on)(weather preset - no live traffic)

in answer to your question - mine still stutters.  The micro stutters - XP11 did that for me too...the mini stutters I don't like but can handle...the hard pauses need a solution.

The mini stutters are fine, got used to that with X-Plane. But MSFS at current state in my machine has been unbelievably stuttery, the thing is, you can't really pinpoint what cause them. Sometimes it goes all smooth and then out of sudden, it became like a stutter fest. Definitely it was support smooth pre SU3 on my machine. 

Back to your suggestion, I would try that although I am not sure if it has anything to do with that but worth a try, thanks.

Either fully smooth, hard pause here there or micro stutter before landing but no pre patch disaster so far and happy with whats been done. So far no major stuttering replication but its in there somewhere im sure.

I hadn't been having any kind of problem with MSFS, and following the hotfix I thought everything was OK.  Then, I  tried a flight from KATL to KSLC.  First, with the CRJ, a stutterfest.  Then, the A320NX, same thing, maybe worse.  The CJ4, stutters but not as bad.  I flinally flew the flight in the Longitude.  I spent half the day yesterday doing something I never do, looking at FPS.  I decided for myself that 30 FPS was my personal minimum.  So, I took my sim from 60 FPS, half ultra and half high, to 30 FPS, all ultra.  I've been flying everywhere today, including LA in the CRJ, and smooth as butter.  I've decided full ultra at 30 looks better than half ultra at 60.

Joe Alferio

• i9-9900K + 2080 Ti | 1TB PCIe + 32GB RAM.  Dell 24 inch monitor.  Thrust master T16000 stick, throttles, and pedals.
    FSX and MSFS.