Sign in to follow this  
ThomseN_inc

Stuttering NOT fixed.

14 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

The mini stutters are fine, got used to that with X-Plane.

Mini stutters with xplane? 
I never had. 
With my PC (very weak)  Xplane11/Vulkan runs at ultra stable 30 fps, smooth as silk.

Premise, I'm not saying that Xplane is better than FS2020.
I'm just saying it's not true that XPlane stutters.
Stuttering was present in the first versions, 3 years ago.
Today it is completely different.
😉

Creatore di * FS9 Supersky * ( plugin Atmo Ambient Environment ).
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment plugin ) creatore.

-------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, (new) GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit
--------------- --------------------------------------------------------

2 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Mini stutters with xplane? 
I never had. 
With my PC (very weak)  Xplane11/Vulkan runs at ultra stable 30 fps, smooth as silk.

Premise, I'm not saying that Xplane is better than FS2020.
I'm just saying it's not true that XPlane stutters.
Stuttering was present in the first versions, 3 years ago.
Today it is completely different.
😉

It does, if you are use something like xE which I am using. However, this is because of xE not because of XP

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

That's right, the fault is xenviro, not xplane.
xenviro is not part of the native code of the simulator, it is an addon (still immature, poorly optimized) that interferes with the proper functioning of Xplane.
In the case of FS2020 instead we talk about stuttering caused by the native code of the simulator which, it seems, is still immature.

• Like 5

* XP11 atmoXphere * (

11 minutes ago, efis007 said:

...In the case of FS2020 instead we talk about stuttering caused by the native code of the simulator which, it seems, is still immature.

Sacrilege!..  But true unfortunately.  🙁

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

12 minutes ago, efis007 said:

xenviro is not part of the native code of the simulator, it is an addon (still immature, poorly optimized) that interferes with the proper functioning of Xplane.
In the case of FS2020 instead we talk about stuttering caused by the native code of the simulator which, it seems, is still immature.

True unfortunately. I mean we were very close to have stable platform in pre UK updates and then after that it started "The Dawn Of Stuttery Microsoft Flight Simulator" LOL!

In regards to XP, yeah, I am just using xE because I hate to the max these 2D clouds, I am really really hoping, XP12 will give us volumetric clouds, like seriously Austin, I will go crazy if you don't give us volumetric clouds in the XP12 lol

tenor.gif?itemid=17303677

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

But this clip is great!!! 😂

I can't stop laughing 🤣

Oh my god !!!  😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

* XP11 atmoXphere * (

An observation I made a minute ago when my fps dropped on the way from Oakland to Seattle in the CRJ: RAM usage went up to 31GB, stuttering occured. Looking into the Windows Task Manager I saw that MSFS only used 5 or 6 GB of RAM but obviously the FBW A320 Installer wasn't terminated correctly and used more than 20 GB of RAM. I closed it forcibly and everything went smooth again.

I have been suffering weird stutters where frame rates drops down to 5ish. The weird thing is that it fixes as soon as I CTRL + TAB to switch to a background app. The sim seems to run silky smooth when a list of other apps are on screen. When going back to sim (directly or after selecting other app in foreground), fps remains good for a while, but may soon start stuttering again. I run the sim in full screen mode.

I thought it was fixed by disabling the full screen optimization as advised here https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016142680-How-to-improve-the-performance, but after updating to 1.14.6.0, it came back. Full screen optimization is still disabled and was not reset.

Not sure if my issue has anything to do with stutters others seem to suffer.

AMD Ryzen 5800x3d | 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | RTX 3080 | 3440x1440

Just reading a thread on  the Poor FPS on the MSFS forum, this morning. Hundreds of post by users saying that prior to the last two updates, they were getting FPS that were about double of what they are seeing now. Many posts are stating that they are very disappointed in the quality of the sim now, compared to what it was when they purchased it months ago. Many getting stutters and FPS of 20 or less at some places. Asobo has some work to do to fix this. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, katsa said:

I have been suffering weird stutters where frame rates drops down to 5ish. The weird thing is that it fixes as soon as I CTRL + TAB to switch to a background app. The sim seems to run silky smooth when a list of other apps are on screen. When going back to sim (directly or after selecting other app in foreground), fps remains good for a while, but may soon start stuttering again. I run the sim in full screen mode.

I thought it was fixed by disabling the full screen optimization as advised here https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016142680-How-to-improve-the-performance, but after updating to 1.14.6.0, it came back. Full screen optimization is still disabled and was not reset.

Not sure if my issue has anything to do with stutters others seem to suffer.

I had this problem before, and updating Windows from 1903 to 2004 fixed the issue. The latest version is 20H2 and will probably also solve it. 

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

3 hours ago, efis007 said:

Just dont forget that Asobo-s immature code brought us a new era of visuals, environment, lighting and multilayers of Dynamic Volumetric clouds + dynamic Real Weather 

Imagine all above on X-Plane code, possibly fps would be on frozen zone of  minus 5 or even stuck on loading screen.

i am sure they are going to fix all performance issues, they were on correct direction with ultra-smooth immersion + fps  before the last 2 updates ( Sim 3 + UK),

• Like 3

Intel Core i9-13900K | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING OC 24GB | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | DDR5 64GB 6000-30 Trident Z5 RGB | Corsair ICUE H170i Elite Capellix RGB | Corsair 7000D Airflow ASUS ROG Thor Platinum II 1200 Watt | Samsung SSD 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB & 1TB | Alienware AW3423DW | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 27" Gaming Monitor | VKB-Sim Gladiator Mk.II | Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition

On 3/26/2021 at 9:36 PM, PilotPete99 said:

There is a part me that wonders if MSFS will ever be able to handle complex jets, like PMDG, etc.. That would be a problem.

It's working fine for me with the FBW A32NX, and I'm running VR on "just" a 2070 Super...  Ditto for the WT CJ4.

Most options had little to any effect on my stutters over cities and large airports...except one... I've been playing around with options all afternoon, turning one down and monitoring the change. Turning it back up to where I had it, and trying the next one. As it turns out, turning Texture Resolution from Ultra down to High had the largest impact on my stutters. What was interesting was my VRAM usage didn't change much but the GPU usage went from 95-100% on Ultra, down to 75-85% on High. This gave my GPU the little extra headspace to work with and smoothed my sim right out. 

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

4 hours ago, Seth2021 said:

Imagine all above on X-Plane code, possibly fps would be on frozen zone of  minus 5 or even stuck on loading screen.

I believe it would be the opposite.
The Vulkan API is more advanced than Directx11/12, so the fps would be higher on Vulkan than the current FS2020 on Directx11/12.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

* XP11 atmoXphere * (

1 minute ago, efis007 said:

I believe it would be the opposite.
The Vulkan API is more advanced than Directx11/12, so the fps would be higher on Vulkan than the current FS2020 on Directx11/12.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulkan_(API)

No it's not. Vulkan is still behind DXR 1.1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.