Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

My MSFS converted ai traffic

umm...okay what is it, how did you do it, etc?

• Like 1

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Most important question for me: how’s the performance with those FSX models compared to native MSFS traffic models?

James

???

Don't understand people making such posts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

yes i don't understand why post like this are crated only to show the pics and nothing more.

That traffic is generated by psxseecontraffic, using ivao-cls liveryes 

hello...

well... i couldnt write before because i was busy.

1) traffic is not ivao, is converted from fsx ai models and generated with realtraffic application and the wonderfull PSXTSEECONTRAFFIC.

2) i wanted to post a few photos to gie some kind of "illusion" to people who is always saying that MSFS is veeeery bad. (for example, sometimes, myself!)....iwas so happy to see ai planes that i wanted to share with te community.

3) i never hear the people in "no-land" but the "yes-land" one. 🙂

4) use JBTools to organize ai traffic and after, lyoutgenerator to update the JSON files.

the only problem i have now is some ai lights (still blinking on tail) and the terrible bat black landing lights from some models.

the rest is PERFECT!

24 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

1) traffic is not ivao, is converted from fsx ai models

Ok, but how? Is it simply running them through one of the converters, or is there a lot of hand editing?

I've seen other people make similar posts, but no one seems to want to share how to do this. Its like a big secret lol. I understand the big AI groups reluctance to do anything due to permissions etc. and the projects that are in motion seem like vaporware with very little updates. 

I have an old hard drive half full of FSX AI planes but no idea how to convert them. I am familiar with tools to create AI flight plans and compile the traffic BGL's. It was a secret pleasure to manipulate these in past sims, and I know I'm not alone. 

Edited by mattn

59 minutes ago, mattn said:

Ok, but how? Is it simply running them through one of the converters, or is there a lot of hand editing?

I've seen other people make similar posts, but no one seems to want to share how to do this. Its like a big secret lol. I understand the big AI groups reluctance to do anything due to permissions etc. and the projects that are in motion seem like vaporware with very little updates. 

I have an old hard drive half full of FSX AI planes but no idea how to convert them. I am familiar with tools to create AI flight plans and compile the traffic BGL's. It was a secret pleasure to manipulate these in past sims, and I know I'm not alone. 

There's a thread over in AIG about traffic in MSFS

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=34961.0

There's also this

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-install-legacy-offline-ai-traffic-into-msfs-wip/373663

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I wish there was an add-on available for this that you can download and simple put in the community folder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

38 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I wish there was an add-on available for this that you can download and simple put in the community folder.

AIG is working on it.

9 hours ago, mattn said:

I will help you. Let me somedays and im going to post here all my steps! 

We are here to enjoy msfs! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Thanks for these, especially the very detailed flightsim forums link. I don't know how I missed that as I read the forums daily. 

It does look like a lot of work, but its something to start with until the AI groups have something easier.