Sign in to follow this  
kiek

April 6: Public beta 5 (ultimate!) of Version 22.0

Hi guys,

After one month of work:

Public beta 22.0 is available at my website (as well for FSX/P3D as MSFS). There are so many changes that I think it is better to let you try it out to see if there are new bugs introduced. I've tested it thoroughly but you never can find all. It is backwards compatible, so you should not have problems upgrading.. 

I have tested a long time at FlightBeam's Denver airport. A new version of the KDEN airport file, packed with data, is available too. To my surprise there was lots of traffic over there (in these covid19 days).

What has changed? Well PSXseeconTrafic has become even more efficient with new functionality. It handles errors in the data stream better, thus hopefully you see less aircraft below ground, floating above ground and/or taking off like a helicopter. Some minor functionalities have been removed. All parameters are in the UI, no hidden parameters anymore.

or read here the full Release Notes text.

Enjoy and take care,

Nico

P.S. If you want to make use of the new exclude mechanism, you should upgrade PPG to 22.0 too.

EDIT: March 29, 2021, now beta 2

EDIT: April 2, 2021, now beta 3

EDIT: April 5, 2021, beta 4 final!

EDIT: April 6, 2021, beta 5 ultimate!

Edited by kiek

Hello Nico,

thanks for the new program update.

after installation i get an errormessage, that can not found the MSVP140_Atomic_wait.dll.

regards Peter

Regards Peter

from ETHL

35 minutes ago, peter_fuss said:

after installation i get an errormessage, that can not found the MSVP140_Atomic_wait.dll.

regards Peter

? strange, try to re-install:

·         Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019

You need Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019. The standalone installers for x86 (VC_redist.x86.exe) and x64 (VC_redist.x64.exe) can be downloaded at Microsoft (Link in the Manual).

hello Nico,
that was the solution 😉
why this version on this Pc was not installed , no idea
thanks for the help

Regards Peter

from ETHL

After moving my exclusions to the AFCAD section and a little testing I have to say im very impressed! Landing and taxiing traffic at KMIA was always a floating and diving around and has much improved (still some strange landings but way better then before)!

One thing I noticed in the previous versions is that sometimes RT throws an error and PSXT looses the connection where only a complete restart of RT and PSXT helps. If that happens during approach and I only see it after landing, I cant enter my destination airport into PSXT as I am already there so I cant put my arrival gate in anymore and it sometimes gets blocked by the new parked aircraft. Any chance you could maybe downgrade it to a warning only instead of disabling the arrival airport same as current error?

1 hour ago, peter_fuss said:

hello Nico,
that was the solution 😉
why this version on this Pc was not installed , no idea
thanks for the help

Well at my PC MSVP140_Atomic_wait.dll. is dated 16-02-2021 so I guess I got them with a compiler update to C++20. Maybe you needed an updated Redistributable?

Let us see what other people experience.

1 hour ago, DLH7LA said:

One thing I noticed in the previous versions is that sometimes RT throws an error and PSXT looses the connection where only a complete restart of RT and PSXT helps. If that happens during approach and I only see it after landing, I cant enter my destination airport into PSXT as I am already there so I cant put my arrival gate in anymore and it sometimes gets blocked by the new parked aircraft. Any chance you could maybe downgrade it to a warning only instead of disabling the arrival airport same as current error?

So actually two things? 

I have not seen RT throwing an error, how does that look like? Any text?

EDIT: I have made it more relaxed. If the destination airport is empty because you are already at the ground, it will take the airport where you are as "dest" (without the need to fill it in), and you can enter a destination gate at that airport. Download and install 22.0 beta again to check it.

Edited by kiek

32 minutes ago, kiek said:

So actually two things? 

Basically yes 😄

Its not exactly an error, the connection between RT and PSXT gets lost (no data update recieved for more than 60 sec), cycling to spotter mode and back does not help and only restarting RT or PSXT does not either, it has to be both...

Hello Nico,

I reinstalled MS visual c ++ (VC_redist.x64.exe) ver 14.28.29913.0 downloaded from Microsoft but still got the same error message as Pieter.

Zyban

Edited by zyban

2 hours ago, zyban said:

Hello Nico,

I reinstalled MS visual c ++ (VC_redist.x64.exe) ver 14.28.29913.0 downloaded from Microsoft but still got the same error message as Pieter.

Zyban

Did you take the 2019 version? 

Edited by kiek

it was indicated version Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.28.29913

1 hour ago, zyban said:

it was indicated version Visual C ++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) - 14.28.29913

I have 14.29.29917 ...

Are you running Windows10?

17 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

Its not exactly an error, the connection between RT and PSXT gets lost (no data update recieved for more than 60 sec), cycling to spotter mode and back does not help and only restarting RT or PSXT does not either, it has to be both...

No data received for 60 seconds does not mean the connection was lost. The connection is still there but there was no traffic within 100nm ... You also will still  receive QNH info.  This can happen if you for instance cross the atlantic not following an airway.

I'll see what I can do.

In my case it happend during the flight or during approach into US hubs with plenty of traffic around but RT does neither update the user position nor the traffic positions so basically it just freezes.

2 hours ago, DLH7LA said:

In my case it happend during the flight or during approach into US hubs with plenty of traffic around but RT does neither update the user position nor the traffic positions so basically it just freezes.

This looks like bug in RT....