Sign in to follow this  
ark

Yoke USB Connection

Can someone who has the Fulcrum yoke please verify if it works with a USB 3.x type of connection.

Thanks,

Al

I have had the yoke connected both through a both USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 hub. These are connected to a USB 3.2 port on my PC.

No issues, apart from those related to the AMD x570 chipset, but these involve all USB equipment.

After my CH yoke, flying with this is a dream. To be able to fly a proper circuit, making turns or pitch adjustments with just the left hand on the yoke without the shaft sticking, like with the CH yoke, is great.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, orchestra_nl said:

I have had the yoke connected both through a both USB 2.0 and a USB 3.0 hub. These are connected to a USB 3.2 port on my PC.

No issues, apart from those related to the AMD x570 chipset, but these involve all USB equipment.

Thanks very much for the info! My old Saitek yoke does not work at all with a 3.x USB port.

Al

Just got my yoke today and am loving it. The only hassle for me is it is up against the wall when not in use. I want to try and buy a right angle connector to plug into the body of the yoke and the other end into the cable (1 male end and one female end). Does anyone know what that connection is called? Thanks in advance.

48 minutes ago, johnbla said:

Does anyone know what that connection is called?

The connector itself is USB Type B (or simply USB-B), so look for "USB-B angled". The search provides a huge number of cable choices...

The angled USB come in right and left handed so makes it much more fun to make sure you get the correct one.

I did try one on my yoke but found that the one I got seemed loose and did lose the connection sometimes so when back to a straight connector. It seemed like the part that plugs in is not as long on the angled ones as the straight ones so think that was my issue.

VR Flight Simulator Dual Boot Machine
Ubuntu 22.04 LTS 64 Bit Windows 11 Pro X-Plane 11.55r2 & 12.05b1 - LIAN LI LANCOOL III MESH PERFORMANCE BLACK Case - ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming WiFi 6E LGA 1700 - Intel Core i9-13900K @ 5.0 GHz - CORSAIR iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT - 64G DDR5 6400 Ram -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC - Driver Version 546.01 - Dell U3415W  34" Curve 
Fulcrum One Yoke    MFG Crosswind Pedals   Bigscreen Beyond with Valve Index controllers on Windows  and trying on Linux   Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers on Windows    Pimax 8KX with Index controllers on Windows         Valve Index kit on Windows and Linux

USB is backwards compatible, so it doesn't matter if its a USB 2.0 device it will work in all newer versions of USB

Even the Logitech yokes should work technically; you could have a motherboard with the early 3.0 chips that weren't up to standard (as they released them before the standard was finalized).

Edited by thtanner