Sign in to follow this  
Antonov22

P3D ORBX YBBN just released

Previews posted over on the Orbx forum:

YBBN V2 - General Discussion - NO SUPPORT REQUESTS HERE PLEASE - Orbx Community and Support Forums (orbxsystems.com)

What a time to be a P3D user, just over the last week:
PMDG T7 update nearing release
Orbx showcase OpenLC Asia vol. 1 and YBBN v2
T2G tease new airport (KIND)
FSDG announce Cuzco (SPZO) for P3D (will include sloped runway)

• Like 1

Kind Regards,

Peter

Cant wait , it was  a fps hitter until P3DV5 arrived and somehow cured the main terminal fps hitter.

Must have on my side

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Released:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/ybbnv2

Performance and FPS are excellent on my system. 

• Like 1

Daniel

GPU : Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 OC | CPU : AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D  | Memory : Kingston Fury Beast 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 | Motherboard : Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX | Win : 11.

Hello all,

I am just downloading the new release of YBBN by ORBX.  I am very much hoping that performance is significantly better than the old one. I will advise shortly.

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

A rare P3D release these days.

David Porrett

OH Joy,

At long last I can see taxi lines on taxi ways. texture on taxiways in lieu of washed out white. Main Runways well defined and the graphics over all seem good. Best of all, after a quick flight, I am averaging 30 - 35 on ground, in the air I am getting 40+ and outside cockpit is much the same.

For what it is worth, I am happy with ORBX YBBN for the FIRST time. Remember too that if you have YBBN already installed you have to uninstall first.

Cheers guys. Please remember that this is after a 10 minute flight and that your experiences may well vary.

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:21 PM, Antonov22 said:

Orbx showcase OpenLC Asia vol. 1

May I kindly request a link to that? I can't find it in their forum.

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

Yes, morphing taxi markings/lines seem to be a problem. I know ORBX can do better... Performance with PMDG 738 is good enough. Just landed from a short flight from YSSY.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

a mate of mine is in YBBN and got it and said the taxilines are missing, markings are wrong, and theres stuff missing.  His words not mine.

14ppkc-6.png

Just bought it. Overall much improved, and performance is finally good. I do run 4K max texture resolution and noted that with AI the graphics memory peaked at 7.5Gb. Not an issue for me (I got 16Gb), but just FYI for folks with 8Gb cards or less. 

A couple of other observations:

- The new north runway is completely devoid of tire marks. Is this runway only used for takeoff?

- The ADF layout is causing some odd parking arrangements with my traffic (AIG). Some very remote parking locations are in use but most gates are empty, especially with regards to Qantas aircraft at the domestic terminal.

- I miss the palm trees at the domestic terminal (as present in the previous version. I liked those. Are they gone in real life?

- Dynamic light at night is great if a bit too bright.

- The “grass” effect looks off. I disabled that all together now.

- Overall I found the airport a bit lifeless and sterile. Some dynamic vehicle traffic would help here, but it’s the same in other ORBX hubs. I think there is room for improvement here. 

All told I’m happy with the purchase, and glad to have another good Australian airport. Thanks ORBX!

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

35 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

- I miss the palm trees at the domestic terminal (as present in the previous version. I liked those. Are they gone in real life?

Lol! Glad I am not the only one who was fond of the palm trees. Unfortunately is the scenery true to life and the trees were overbuilt some years ago.

35 minutes ago, alepro21 said:

- Overall I found the airport a bit lifeless and sterile. Some dynamic vehicle traffic would help here, but it’s the same in other ORBX hubs. I think there is room for improvement here. 

I do fully agree. And, I think that this is very noticeable with the airports designed by their inhouse Havant Studio. Particularly KSJC San Jose leaves a lot of room for improvements and not many of those airports thrill me. Most of the Havant airports look a little bit generic and the airports we know and love are done by developers who share our love to the airport. They try to capture the feeling of the airport. I think what is missing is by the Havant product is just that love for details, which might not be too pronounced in "commissioned work".

Overall is the new Brisbane a huge improvement and for me their best Havant product yet. Moreover, the update pricing is very fair, so I feel a bit bad for bitching too much.

But same as Harry @Nemo do I also suffer from some flickering and disappearing ground markings

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png