Sign in to follow this  
Guest enave

Aircraft Identification

Guest enave

Can someone help me to identify this aircraft please. I believe it is canadian military.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/144491.jpgAnd before anyone guesses the obvious, the wing is tapered. I Twin Otter's wing is squared. It does however, sort of look like it might be a fixed tricycle, but I can't tell for sure.

Guest jboweruk

Definitely either military or research, thing is it's got so many bits fitted on it's hard to tell exactly what it is. It's not small enough to be a Twin Otter surely, looks like one of those smallish Herc type aircraft, maybe a Dornier or something? Looking at the back it is sloped which would suggest that kind of aircraft. The wires stretched around it would suggest some kind of radio equipment, maybe a storm chaser? What about a C123? I'm looking right now for the answer.

Guest Rockcliffe

Where did you see that? There is a similar aircraft I've often seen in Ottawa that I suspect is used to fly geomagnetic surveys. I was planning on being near the airport today and I'll have a look around. There's a geophysics firm that often has a/c sitting at the ramp.BlairCYOW

Guest Bob I

Hi,Kinda looks like a Mitsubishi MU2, but the vertical stabilizer is not swept back. Anyway, it's the worlds biggest metal detector. There is a sign on the fuselage that reads. Warning, if you wear a heart pacemaker, stay back one mile.Bob

Guest Rockcliffe

Nice find. I was leaning toward a Shorts.

Guest enave

great job! Thanks!