Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Aerosoft CRJ - Uncommanded Descent

Hello, I had a strange issue today that I haven't seen yet in the CRJ.  The aircraft started descending on it's own, vertical mode was PATH, and my attempts to stop the descent by entering VS mode did nothing.  The aircraft did not enter VS mode and just stayed in PATH mode.

Any thoughts?  I'm wondering if this is a bug or if I somehow screwed something up.  I haven't seen this behaviour in the previous 6 successful flights that I've had.

QPUi95W.jpg

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Did you engage the vnav button on the autopilot panel? Usually “path” on the pfd can be seen when the plane is decending on vnav. Looking at your pic i think i can see a green light right of the vnav button so that indicates vnav is selected. If you want to control the plane using v/s you’ll have to disengage vnav first.

• Like 1

Ahhh thanks for that, I didn’t intentionally do so but it’s very possible i accidentally hit the VNAV button while I was using the altitude knob.  I likely missed the vnav button being lit up given it’s a bit hidden behind the altitude knob.  I was past my TOD so that would make sense.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 hours ago, regis9 said:

Hello, I had a strange issue today that I haven't seen yet in the CRJ.  The aircraft started descending on it's own, vertical mode was PATH, and my attempts to stop the descent by entering VS mode did nothing.  The aircraft did not enter VS mode and just stayed in PATH mode.

A Deputy over at Aerosoft is actually acknowledging there's a problem.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/161014-crj-vnav-and-vs-modes/

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Ahh very interesting, thanks!

Dave

The plane should not descend beyond the MCP selected altitude, even with vnav selected

• Upvote 1

vatsim s3

1133704.png