Sign in to follow this  
woodstock327

Question for CereProc voice users

Hi there,

I planned to get a number of CereProc voices (V5 versions because of the current issues), especially since they currently have a good deal with 33% off. I listened to many of their voice samples one the site and they sounded great, but then I found they actually have a demo page where you can input any text and let them read it. So I copy and pasted actual ATC phrases from P2A's text output window, and I don't know, a lot of this all of a sudden didn't really sound that great any more. Some weird pronunciation and intonation, even when just compared to the standard and more robotic Windows voices.

Not sure if I'm just expecting too much, or if it's just something with their Demo setup, so I'd like to ask anyone who is actually using CereProc voices with P2A, how they actually like them, given the price and especially compared to the standard Windows voices. Do they sound so much better, was it worth it to you?

Thanks!
Dirk

Dirk I have Jack Amy Sue Jess all working very well its better then Windows voices.

I also have a few of these voices and it makes so much difference for me.  Far less robotic and more human sounding.  Maybe search on YouTube for some Pilot2ATC videos featuring these voices, I'm sure there will be some.  That way you can get an idea of what its like.

Dean Farley

10 hours ago, woodstock327 said:

Some weird pronunciation

of course ... normal atc accents etc.

when P2A has AI comms like Vox, then it will sound more "real"

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

On 3/29/2021 at 3:27 AM, Burge said:

Dirk I have Jack Amy Sue Jess all working very well its better then Windows voices.

Thank you Burge for the feedback!

In case you have some time to spare, could you listen to the following samples, and tell me if this is how it sounds like in P2A for you?

Sue: https://www.veed.io/download/84bb6a7a-31de-4b23-88fe-67c4325826c0

Jack: https://www.veed.io/download/20c81ea9-bf74-4405-a1a4-a942a7d85420

Granted, those voice sound really great when using 'regular' phrases and maybe my specific sample isn't representative, but I find especially the intonation here a bit odd...

On 3/29/2021 at 4:47 AM, Andayle said:

Maybe search on YouTube for some Pilot2ATC videos featuring these voices, I'm sure there will be some.

Thanks for the feedback! Indeed I searched around for videos featuring theses voices in P2A, but so far I haven't found anything. Should you come across anything let me know!

Thanks,

Dirk